[OPEN] [PS5] Sims 4 freezing Patch 1.39

by Niobium77

Original Post

Re: PlayStation 5: sims 4 freezes

★ Novice

Same exact thing is happening to me. Every time i’m making a new sim and go on traits the game just freezes but music is still playing and I can’t make a new sim.

Message 51 of 146 (722 Views)

Re: PlayStation 5: sims 4 freezes

★★★★★ Apprentice
@rashamariee Make sure to click the "me too" button the first post
Message 52 of 146 (709 Views)

Re: Constant crashing on PS5

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Asnej I definitely wouldn't give EA any more money. You already bought the game and you can't play it, so you would reward them by giving them more money?

I digress.

No more packs, no more DLC, no more EA games at all, until I can play the ones I already own.
Message 53 of 146 (707 Views)

Re: Constant crashing on PS5

★★★★★ Novice
@Niobium77 Best believe I'm not wasting money on the PC version. Can't afford it, and they don't deserve more of anyone's money till they fix the mess they've made as is.
Message 54 of 146 (688 Views)

Re: Game unplayable due to constant freezing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@SimQARoboAny word?

Seems really condescending that I keep getting emails about all the cool stuff you're releasing, knowing that I likely won't be able to play it.

Or you know..... The literally hundreds of dollars worth Sims 4 packs I already own and can't use.

Message 55 of 146 (675 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hey guys. I’m posting this so maybe it can help

a single person. I went from ps4 pro to ps5. Have all packs but Star Wars. Game loaded so fast I was so excited to play on ps5, then every single

time without fail, on a new save or an old save, the game freezes as soon as I load into any family or even go from a new save to make a new family. I have found a work around but you don’t get faster loads and may as well be playing on a PS4, but if any of you have an external hard drive (I have one that was used for my ps4 not a fancy ps5 one) and you put your sims game on the external hard drive, it will work just fine and not freeze. It sucks because the game doesn’t load faster once it’s on there and the colors for some reason aren’t as vibrant ugh. But it is a way to play if any of you have an external hard drive. Until the sims fixes this issue. Hope I could help someone. 

Message 56 of 146 (639 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@baneville All of my PS4 games that I play on the PS5 are on the same external drive that I moved over from my PS4.

Now, granted that external drive is also an SSD. A Samsung T7 1TB

Are you using a Spindle HDD? Is it plugged into USB-C or A?

I mean, maybe there is a bug in the loading that allows data coming from an SSD to overflow some memory allocation.

Seems weird, but it could be a piece of the puzzle.
Message 57 of 146 (630 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Dang. Im sorry yours are already on the external and not working Frown im not sure the brand cuz I’m not home but I’ll reply later with what ssd I have. I just know I have it plugged into the back of the ps5. It was really weird cuz I tried playing it five times while it was loaded on the ps5 then I transferred it to the external and it worked for about an hour fine before I got bored and quit playing but maybe I just got lucky that time cuz I haven’t tried again. But I tried so many times when it was on ps5 hard drive and it would load either an old or new game and freeze as soon as I either started playing a household or started creating a new sim so to me an hour was like omgggg I made it work! Haha cuz before I seriously couldn’t even get it to work for five minutes. I have all packs but Star Wars if that matters. Really sucks cuz I wanted to buy the interior designer pack so bad but there is no way in hell now. I will keep messing around on my ps5 later and see if I can get any new info. I notice they usually do a lot of bug fixes with the pack releases so maybe that’ll be a big patch and save us? But I won’t hold my breath 😭😭😭

Message 58 of 146 (621 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I cross my fingers with every update that they might have fixed it.  But it's hard to be hopeful. 

I mean, post originally started in March, and now here we are going into June.   I'm starting to feel like we're more likely to get the Sim 5 before we get a fix. 

Message 59 of 146 (589 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@baneville Already using and external hard drive still freezes. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling even tried having it stored on the PS5 none of that works either. Thanks for offering it as a solution but it doesn't work the same for all. This bug seems to have no rhyme or reason for why it does what it does.
Message 60 of 146 (555 Views)