[OPEN] [PS5] Sims 4 freezing Patch 1.39

by Niobium77

Original Post

Re: [PS5] Sims 4 Freezing Patch 1.39

Hero (Retired)

@candz-winchester You can subscribe to this thread to get updates and new post alerts. It's a holiday weekend in the US, I wouldn't expect any news until the holiday is over.

Message 20 of 146 (1,309 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, so we know I’d EAT are aware of this issue though? 

Message 21 of 146 (1,490 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@candz-winchester The QA team is aware of this issue.
Message 22 of 146 (1,495 Views)

PS5 SIMS 4 freeze patch 1.39

★★★ Newbie

I just started an account with EA yesterday. Downloaded SIMS 4 no issue. Started it up today and within 10 seconds to 1 minutes it freezes. 

Couldn't even play long enough to create a character. 

I uninstalled then reinstalled. Restarted and hard restarted the PlayStation (digital PS5). I've turned the controller on and off, plugged it in as well. It just freezes and I can't continue. 

I've also closed the game and reopened it. I've closed the game, opened another game, closed that game, then reopened SIMS and it still freezes. 

I really wanted to play.

Message 23 of 146 (1,423 Views)

Re: PS5 SIMS 4 freeze patch 1.39

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@wifeplaysSIMS4 I've merged your post into the current thread for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

The QA team is aware of the issue. I have not seen any similarities in the freezes so far from the reports. Unfortunately, I also don't have any troubleshooting advice either.

Message 24 of 146 (1,424 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for merging them. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. 

Message 25 of 146 (1,422 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Really wish they would figure something out.   

I was able to play Sim 4 with no issues on my PS5 for about a month, then this Monday it started freezing, usually about 2 minutes after launch.   It freezes at the loading screen, at the main menu, at the neighborhood screen.  I thought it might be my save game but sometimes it freezes before I get a chance to load my game.  

I've rebuilt the database, I've updated the PS5 firmware, I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, both on my external storage and the internal SSD.  Keyboard and mouse, or controller.  Nothing seems to make a difference.

I wish the game would crash so I could submit a problem report with the console, but the game just freezes the screen, the music keeps playing, and I can't do anything except use the PS button to go back to the dashboard and close the game.

Kind of Frustrating to not be able to play a game you've sunk literally hundreds of dollars into.

Message 26 of 146 (1,340 Views)

Re: (PS5) Sims 4 freezing while loading the game

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Niobium77 I've merged your post into the current thread for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

The QA team is aware of the issue. I have not seen any similarities in the freezes that would indicate a trigger so far from the reports. Unfortunately, I also don't have any troubleshooting advice either.

Message 28 of 146 (1,257 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have tested again today after the PS5 had a dashboard update.   

The problem is now intermittent.  

I was able to boot the game, load my save and play for an hour without issue.  I saved my game and quit. 

Next time I tried, I booted up the game, and it froze while I was looking through the stuff packs on sale.   

Tried again, and it froze on the "Press X" screen.

One more time, and I was able to load my game, and I've been playing for about 20 minutes now without issue   

So, I looks like if I'm lucky enough to be able to enter a lot, I can play without freezing..   but it seems to be completely random if I can make it that far without the game freezing.

Don't know what it means, just trying to keep the thread updated.

Message 29 of 146 (1,198 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey, sorry to bother but is there an update on this issue? I’ve been losing progress now because it sometimes freezes mid-build or mid-household making Frown thanks.

Message 30 of 146 (1,045 Views)