Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] [PS5] Sims 4 freezing Patch 1.39

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.39
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Romantic Garden, Bowling Night, Fitness, Backyard, Cats and Dogs, Parenthood, Toddler, Vampires, City Living, Vintage Glamor, Get to Work, Dine Out, Cool Kitchen, Seasons, Jungle Adventure, Spooky, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Island Living, Kids Room, Paranormal, Realm Of Magic, Perfect Patio, Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch the game on a PS5 try to get to the "load game" screen.
What happens when the bug occurs? This bug occurs randomly in the first 5 minutes of play.
What do you expect to see? The game freeze on a loading screen, or freeze on the neighborhood screen. Music still plays, and game doesn't fully crash out to the point of being able to submit an error report. Just freezes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Sims 4 Patch 1.39 was applied to the system

I launch the game from the PS5 dashboard and the game begins the load screens. From this point the game will freeze at any given point. On the loading screen, on the "Press X" screen, at the main menu. Occasionally the game will run long enough that I can load a save game, but usually freezes at the neighborhood screen.

When the game freezes, it does not fully crash. The music keeps playing, but the screen freezes. The console dashboard is still accessible via the PS button. All other PS4 and PS5 games run fine on the system.

Troubleshooting preformed:

I have tried playing the game with a controller and with Keyboard/mouse

uninstalling and reinstalling the game on both the internal SSD, and an External USB-C drive. 

I have tried with my existing save game that I moved over from the PS4 and starting on a new profile and save game on the PS5. 

I have booted the PS5 into safe mode and selected the "Check for Updates" option and let it reapply the console updates

I have booted the PS5 into safe mode and selected the "Rebuild Database" option and let the console perform maintenance

I have tried with the PSVR attached, and with the PSVR removed.

I would happily try anything else you can suggest, however, since there are other posts similar to this over in the SIMS 4 console EA Answers page, I'd guess this is most certainly a issue with the 1.39 update.  

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Split from tech post to bug forums since it had a bug template, merged the tech forum post into the bug report. Adjusted Title, Added Tags.

Merged post contained 18 "Me Too" clicks.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 27 of 146 (9,799 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game freezing after 1.42 PS5 - unplayable

★★★★★ Apprentice

Wow.... I really was joking that EA considered this a "minor bug" instead of listing it as a major fix, I guess they really didn't want to acknowledge that this was an issue.

But, does look like 1.44 actually fixed it....  I've been sitting at the neighborhood screen for about 15 minutes and it hasn't locked up.   that's 14 minutes and 48 seconds longer than I've been able to do it previously. 

View in thread

Message 142 of 146 (4,482 Views)

All Replies

[PS5] Sims 4 Freezing Patch 1.39

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Can’t play sims 4 on my new ps5. It freezes like after 5 mins of working, which makes me really sad. Game just suddenly stops reacting on controller at all. The only thing I can do - is to press ps button and close game from PlayStation main screen. Any suggestions?

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Added Tag, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 146 (10,858 Views)

Re: PlayStation 5: sims 4 freezes

Hero (Retired)
@kAzzzy91 Did your controller disconnect while it was paused or something similar?

Do you have a mouse plugged in or a keyboard? Sometimes if those get activated or a button gets pressed it stops the controller from working at all.
Message 2 of 146 (10,848 Views)

★ Guide

Same problem with my base PS4. Going out of the game and reload it usually fixes this for few hours or a day. It happens to me only after new update two days ago. Usually it happens when I scroll through inventory, traits or library. Reloading the game fixes it for a while, but it’s troublesome because there is no way to save game at that point. 

Message 3 of 146 (10,822 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, I don’t have a mouse or keyboard. Only controller.

There was no pause, controller just became red(I mean backlight), and stoped working. I thought it went out of battery, but it still replies on PS button, so I could close the game.

Message 4 of 146 (10,820 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@kAzzzy91 The red in the controller usually means it's the second controller connected to the system.

Is another controller connected?

Can you try plugging the controller in to the system to see if it stops disconnecting?
Message 5 of 146 (10,807 Views)

★★★ Novice

@PoptartJuniper Thanks for clarification. I used my primary user to enter the game, and it showed me window with accounts linking, I thought that was the problem, because my wife was playing for the first time from her user. Well it still not really helped. Game hung right after she created a character and started to seek a house.

No second controller was connected.

we removed that game, thx for replies anyway

Message 6 of 146 (10,729 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@kAzzzy91 Did you migrate from PS4 to PS5? Was this an old save?

If this was happening on new saves on a new install, perhaps you should post a bug report in the bug forum. Bug Report Forum 

Message 7 of 146 (10,723 Views)

Constant crashing on PS5

★★★ Newbie

Console: PS5

Tested on both Disc Version and Digital version

Started occurring after recent update

Upon loading into the main menu the game will freeze (Only the game will freeze, I can exit to the main playstation menu) at one of 4 different areas. The main screen with the New and Load buttons, the load menu whilst loading the saves, the character creation area and the world map.

Have tried:

• shutting the playstation off for a minute then rebooting to no avail
  • reinstalling the game
  • switching from the Digital version to the disc version
Message 8 of 146 (10,726 Views)

Re: Constant crashing on PS5

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@DangerousShea Someone else just had this issue as well. Is this on a new save or old save you are trying to load? Did you change settings in the options or anything while in those screens?

Were you in the gallery?

Does this happen with other games?

There's a help page for PS5 that has freezing while playing as listed https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/ps5-power-issues/

Message 9 of 146 (10,720 Views)