by DudeNamedWill

Original Post

[OPEN] [PS/XB] CAS Shortcut Button brings up Body Menu when Zoomed in on Face

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Cottage Living, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Journey to Batuu, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Vintage Glamour, Laundry Day, Tiny Living, Free Holiday Celebration, Grims Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS, you can usually click the X button on the Xbox controller and it brings up either the clothing options or the makeup/hair options depending on how zoomed in you are. the clothing one works fine but even when i zoom in fully and click X, the hair one doesn't come up and the clothing one comes up instead, regardless of zoom level.
What happens when the bug occurs? I instead have to click on one of the facial feature and then go out and click the X button.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to simply use the X button because the other way takes a much longer time to load and everything.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This only started appearing after the Spa Day Refresh update/patch.

No other information.

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Added Tags, Adjusted title

Edit by Crinrict: Adjusted game version number

Message 1 of 9 (1,639 Views)

Re: CAS X button not working probably on Xbox

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@PumpkinDaisy8390 Can you please edit your post and fill out the bug forum template? The template seems to be broken right now for original posts.

For your issue, you are clicking on a head part and the body options appear? I see the issue. If I zoom into the head and press the (square for PS4) button the body options appear, but if I click on the head and then zoom out and in, the button works properly.

Message 2 of 9 (1,597 Views)

"X" in CAS zoomed in on face brings up clothing options

★★★★ Novice

Hey,

I've noticed after the last update whenever I'm in CAS and I'm zoomed in on my Sims' faces and hit "X" the menu pops up but it displays all the clothing options instead of the menu for hairstyles, accessories, facial features, etc. If I want to change my Sims' hairstyle I have to select their hair to bring up the menu.

Anyone else notice this issue on Xbox Series X/S?

Message 3 of 9 (1,562 Views)

Re: "X" in CAS zoomed in on face brings up clothing options

Hero (Retired)

@JamesDeanSQ I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 4 of 9 (1,545 Views)

CAS showing catalog menu options for the wrong body section

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Vampires, Nifty Knitting, Moschino, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Spooky, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Throwback fit kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS, and press X to toggle catalog menu when zoomed in on the upper body (head) region
What happens when the bug occurs? The catalog menu shows body customisation (Outfits, shoes, socks,body editing etc) instead of headwear and face options (earrings, make up, hats, face editor etc)
What do you expect to see? The catalog menu should open up to the headwear and other customisation options instead of body and clothing options.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Sims 4 Update 9/7/2021

Catalog menu opens up the wrong body customisation options when focusing on the head region 
Possible work around is to just select a body part on the face (eg. lips) and have the catalog menu open the correct customisation options. 
It reverts back after zooming out/closing the menu or switching to body customisation.

Message 5 of 9 (1,562 Views)

Re: CAS showing catalog menu options for the wrong body section

Hero (Retired)

@DudeNamedWill I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 6 of 9 (1,517 Views)

Re: [PS/XB] CAS Shortcut Button brings up Body Menu when Zoomed in on Face

★★★ Novice
@PumpkinDaisy8390 This is happening for me on the PS4 as well...
Message 7 of 9 (1,458 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PS/XB] CAS Shortcut Button brings up Body Menu when Zoomed in on Fac

★★★★ Novice

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to check in if there is any sort of fix for this yet. It's still happening for me and it's driving me crazy.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 9 (1,338 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PS/XB] CAS Shortcut Button brings up Body Menu when Zoomed in on Fac

★ Guide
@JamesDeanSQ Yeah, I myself have just gotten used to grabbing one of their facial features to open the head_etc options
Message 9 of 9 (595 Views)