by SamanthaSunny

Original Post

[OPEN] [PH] Sim doesn't disobey grounding, and still gets autonomously scolded

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Throwaway kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get child or teen grounded. Pick any option you want to deny from them
What happens when the bug occurs? After like a minute, child/teen gets moodlet "disobeying grounding" even though they are doing completely different things, and then all adults starts scolding constantly. The moodlet doesn't go away, until grounding is over.
What do you expect to see? After grounding child/teen they should not get the "disobeying grounding" moodlet and adults should not scold kids without any reason. It should be my choice only if they disobey anything.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have mods, which should get rid of moodlets I don't like, but it always comes back. I removed and tried without mods and still the same in vanilla game. Weird things started happening after installing bust the dust kit and that update back then but not sure if it's from that... 🤔

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 12 (3,066 Views)

Re: Child/teen doesn't disobey grounding, and still gets autonomously scolded

Hero
@SamanthaSunny by completely different things you mean things that don't get them grounded ?

Does the grounded moodlet show up again ? There's this old bug and I wonder if that shifted somehow: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-PH-Grounded-moodlet-not-showing-up-anymore/td-p/7...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (3,032 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, they don't have to even do anything, moodlet comes right after grounding, instantly. Moodlet comes back by itself. It comes again and again, and stays as long as grounding moodlet is there. Example: 1. I get kid grounded (no phone allowed) 2. After grounding and waiting 5 seconds "disobeying grounding" Moodlet comes to the kid, even though kid went only to the bathroom, and didn't even touch the phone. Everytime this happens

Message 3 of 12 (3,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SamanthaSunny I tested this in my game and found that the "breaking grounding" came up with the "no phone" grounding but not others; "no TV" and "no computer" did not have the same effect.  The "breaking grounding" from the "no phone" grounding came up for both teen and child sims.  What a weird bug!  Hopefully someone can fix this.

Edit: I forgot to mention I noticed the "breaking grounding" moodlet kept coming up as long as the "grounded" moodlet was in play.  I also had an issue where my grounded teen and child sims got caught in a weird loop of trying to interact with their mom and siblings, then cancelling that interaction; over and over.  I wondered if it was a side effect of being "caught" breaking the grounding?

Second edit: I just noticed the interaction that comes up but gets cancelled was "be reprimanded".  I'm thinking that is definitely related to the erroneous "breaking grounding" moodlet.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 4 of 12 (2,989 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, you have all the same in your game, except mine is in all options. The "Be reprimanded" is the Moodlet that comes to the adults after if they are in the same room. Annoying bug 😤

Message 5 of 12 (2,974 Views)

Re: [PH] Child/teen doesn't disobey grounding, and still gets autonomously scold

★ Apprentice

I'm getting this bug too. Two children decided to both splatter paint on the floor at the same time. As the family was camping with no TV or computer, I used the no phone option to ground the children. Had to cheat the grounding away as the children could not so much as stand still and breath without getting reprimanded. I use the grounding option often, usually with no computer or music and have no issues.

Message 6 of 12 (2,892 Views)

Re: [PH] Child/teen doesn't disobey grounding, and still gets autonomously scold

★★★ Apprentice

I have this bug too. Have had it since at least one of the March updates. Children / Teens are grounded. The "breaking grounding" moodlet perpetually shows and any adult member of the household hounds the child / teen to reprimand them.

Message 7 of 12 (2,851 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I too am now having this problem after never having it before. I've had parenthood for a while now too and never had the bug. I have the newest update, no mods or CC, it's possible this is occurring because of the newest patch but I also am not 100% sure.

Message 8 of 12 (2,801 Views)

Parenthood, Parents always reprimand children after punishment!

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Parenthood, cats and dogs, Seasons, vampires, city living, toddler stuff, vintage glamour, Realm of magic, get to work, outdoor retreat, discover University,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Punish the child/teen with things like no phone/no friends/grounding
What happens when the bug occurs? The Parent will autonomsly reprimand the kid EVERY TIME they see the kid. The kids isnt doing anything and the parent still reprimands them for Breaking that rule
What do you expect to see? That the parents wont do it anymore unless the kid really is breaking the rule
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Pls fix it ea. Its been so long in this pack!!!

Message 9 of 12 (2,839 Views)

Re: Parenthood, Parents always reprimand children after punishment!

Hero
@Edinator88 Is this what you're seeing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Child-teen-doesn-t-disobey-grounding-and-still-gets-autonomous... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (2,824 Views)