by ImKersha

Original Post

[OPEN] [NKSP] Sim route fails when resuming knitting

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the packs except for Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a Sim start knitting. Stop knitting after a while and then try to resume knitting that project by clicking on the knitting kit in the Sim's inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim route fails when trying to resume knitting from the inventory.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Sim to sit down somewhere and continue knitting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's an old bug that was fixed some time ago, but I believe it has returned. Sims can't resume knitting when clicking on the knitting kit in the Sim's inventory. The Sim has the route fail bubble above their head and they don't continue knitting. To make it clear, I have multiple seats for the Sim to sit on.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 12 (3,418 Views)

Re: Sim route fails when resuming knitting

Hero
@ImKersha It works fine for me. Does it resume both on rocking chair and normal for you ? Did you try sitting down first ? Try multiple Sims ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (3,373 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict I'm running into this problem as well.

For me, it occurs if the sim is standing, and I use the knitting basket in their inventory to resume knitting. If I click on a seat and select knit from there, it works fine. If the sim is already sitting, it works fine.

Message 3 of 12 (3,336 Views)

Hero
@thefailedbeta And this happens for every Sim/Household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (3,326 Views)

Knitting problems: unable to resume

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.95.207.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Do not own: High school years Journey to batuu Bowling night Spooky stuff All kits aside from desert luxe
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Resume a knitting project
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim will not resume a project, not when selected from the inventory or when clicking on a chair. They will wave and display a bubble indicating there's an impediment. I can frog the project however.
What do you expect to see? Knitting projects should be able to be completed in stages and resumed as many times as needed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug makes knitting very difficult as projects are only able to be completed of your Sims are able to finish them in one sitting.

Message 5 of 12 (2,853 Views)

Re: [NKSP] Sim route fails when resuming knitting

★★ Apprentice

I genuinely think that this thread deserves to have the “Open” status. Making your Sims sit down first should not be treated as an official fix. Our Sims have to be able to sit down themselves and resume knitting from there.

Message 6 of 12 (2,817 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I don't know if I should open a new discussion, but I only have this problem with rocking chairs (which are part of the NKSP). If I click on the rocking chair to resume a project that has already started, the little bubble with the exclamation mark and feet appears and I can't resume.

Probably this bug is related to a similar one involving rocking chairs (which I don't have, because I can start a project on the rocking chair).

NKSP-Sim-can-t-knit-when-sitting-in-rocking-chair 

Now that they have also been introduced in GRO I wanted to know if the bug persists on these chairs as well.

Message 7 of 12 (2,375 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ImKersha Same here. I've tried sitting down first and 50/50 chance if my sim will actually start the kitting back up or if it fails. Tried different places, bed, chair, rocking chair, couch etc.
Message 8 of 12 (2,356 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [NKSP] Sim route fails when resuming knitting

★★★ Guide

I couldn't start knitting at all (also tested without mods). The only thing that finally worked was the workaround that was mentioned in the linked thread: first rock in a rocking chair and then knit from the inventory.

Message 9 of 12 (1,726 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [NKSP] Sim route fails when resuming knitting

★★ Guide

I can't knit in the rocking chair even after sitting down first. However knitting on the bed is no problem.

Message 10 of 12 (1,205 Views)