by Shadova

Original Post

[OPEN] [NKSP] Knitted items get stuck in household inventory after Sims death

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? nifty knitting and other pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? sim dies with completed knitted clothing items in their inventory
What happens when the bug occurs? Nifty knitting items from deceased sims inventory are stuck in household inventory
What do you expect to see? some way to transfer to another sims inventory or a storage inventory for other sims to access or for non-placeable items to be transfer into another sims personal inventory when a household member dies
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

i just want my baby onsies

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 14 (3,942 Views)

[NKSP]Knitted Clothing stuck in household Inventory after Sim Death

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All addon content.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim knit clothing, when they die, the clothing goes into the household inventory and cannot be placed/used.
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot retrieve the clothing knitted by the sim.
What do you expect to see? A way to get the clothing my sim knitted.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

A screenshot would just show clothing in the household inventory that cannot be accessed. 

Message 2 of 14 (3,776 Views)

Re: [NKSP]Knitted Clothing stuck in household Inventory after Sim Death

Hero
@pandorasheaart I merged your post with existing thread on this issue

Please make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 14 (3,744 Views)

Re: [NKSP] Knitted items get stuck in household inventory after Sims death

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. I think they simply didn't think of this through and forgot to check what happened to the knitted clothes if the sim die. 

I hope this gets fixed. 

Message 4 of 14 (3,630 Views)

★★★ Novice

So...any plans to fix this?

Message 5 of 14 (3,524 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not sure if this has gotten enough traction but I noticed this today too. My elder sim knitted a bunch of things before she passed and I didn't get a chance to move them all so now they're just chilling, stuck in the void. 

Message 6 of 14 (3,467 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Still hasn't been fixed. It's been like this since the pack came out.

It wouldn't let me transfer the knitted socks, and now it's stuck in my household inventory.

Really hope someone fixes it soon.

Message 7 of 14 (3,445 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [NKSP] Knitted items get stuck in household inventory after Sims deat

★★ Apprentice

This STILL isn't Fixed, I just had this same problem after Reviving my Sim with Ambrosia. I was trying to get her things back out of the Household Inventory to give them back to her/put into her personal inventory, and the knitted items will not budge from the Household Inventory. :<

I really wish that Instead of pumping out Kits and working on Refreshing Content, the Team would actually Fix All the BUGS in this game. It's ludicrous for Maxis/EA to keep releasing NEW material when the EXISTING material is FLAWED in so many ways. Good Grief! :<

Message 8 of 14 (3,186 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [NKSP] Knitted items get stuck in household inventory after Sims deat

★ Pro

First time I've had a sim die unexpectedly before I even had time to think about what to do with their inventory items. He had a knitted onesie in his inventory, and now it's stuck in the household inventory. I had been passing down this item through the generations for every baby in the family to wear, but now that's over. Kind of sad. Can't believe this has been an issue from the day the pack came out and has never been addressed. 

Message 9 of 14 (2,950 Views)

★★★ Guide

Agreed! This is a sad oversight on the part of the development team imo. I have SEVERAL baby onesies in my household inventory b/c every generation has them in inventory when they die (I forget to gift them) and then they are junk and not only that, the percentage of onesies that show up in plopsy is next to nothing. I always end up cheating the knitting skill for an elder & having them make onesies, which is stupid, because I have them, but you know.....

Message 10 of 14 (2,632 Views)