Re: Maid / Grill Glitch

by nickinbigd

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] Maid caught in a loop cleaning grill even on new grill (Neat Trait)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.39.7.2300 (64bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, island, get famous, laundry, university, patio, parenthood, Tiny living, spa, movie, backyard, fitness, seasons,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy grill, hire maid
What happens when the bug occurs? Maid opens, cleans, closes grill. Repeats. Over and over until dismissed or fired. Even if grill is brand new and unused.
What do you expect to see? Maid cleans grill only if dirty and only one time, then moves to next task.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No images 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title to better reflect the issue, added tag

Message 1 of 45 (7,836 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

So... I checked this maid’s traits and indeed he did have the neat trait which now removed thru CAS seems to have fixed the problem for at least the two households I have observed so far. I don’t know if my maid had a previous twin, but I would swear he previously did not have the neat trait. Anyway, I’m suggesting that anyone else who is experiencing this issue double-check your maid’s traits and remove “neat” if it’s there. 

View in thread

Message 18 of 45 (7,688 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@nickinbigd Can you please edit the version number of your game. You can do this in game by pressing all 4 shoulder buttons at once to open the cheat bar, then type in the word Version. Scroll to the top of the list to the word BASE. The numbers after BASE is your game version.
Message 2 of 45 (7,821 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My apologies. That is what I thought I did but I did not realize the list appearing in the screen was appearing from the bottom up, requiring me to toggle to the top.  The BASE is 1.39.7.2300 (64bit). I have corrected that info in the Report. By the way since my original post, I tried with a variety of grills on different lots, and it’s happening everywhere with all of them. 

Message 3 of 45 (7,792 Views)

Hero
@nickinbigd Could you maybe add a video ? Does she go straight to the grill to do that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 45 (7,780 Views)

★ Guide

I’m sorry, I’m not technically adept enough to add the video. But as best I can describe, if there are dirty dishes in the kitchen which sit between the front door and the backyard grill, the maid will clean those first. Then move to the grill. But then the maid gets stuck and won’t ever go upstairs to mop for example or scrub toilets.  This is a new issue, just within the last week I think. I am playing the same households and lots for awhile now and did not have this glitch before. 

Message 5 of 45 (7,764 Views)

★ Pro

Found following snippet in grill_Clean section test_autonomous:

<L>
<V t="sim_info">
<U n="sim_info">
<V n="ages" t="specified" />
<V n="npc" t="enabled">
<T n="enabled">True</T>
</V>
</U>
</V>
</L>

unlike every other test, this one doesn't appear in stove_Clean (which seems to be unaffected)

Message 6 of 45 (7,745 Views)

★ Guide

That doesn’t mean anything to me but I’m just a unsophisticated user; hopefully that’s a lead for someone who can explore a fix? I’m glad it looks like an identifiable anomaly. 

Message 7 of 45 (7,693 Views)

Hero
@nickinbigd Would you mind testing if it happens on another household/save as well or is limited to that specific household

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 45 (7,679 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It is most definitely happening in multiple households, although I have temporarily removed the grills to prevent the glitch.  I will go back to an older save and see if it happens there too, and will post the results. Thanks for the suggestion 

Message 9 of 45 (7,673 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

So I did also try an old save from January at your suggestion, let the lot get filthy over the weekend, and when the maid came on Monday he cleaned all of the inside stuff downstairs first, then went outside and got stuck at the grill opening-cleaning-closing-repeat for at least 1 1/2 sim hours, until I gave up and fired him. 

Message 10 of 45 (7,648 Views)