Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] Lag for menu to show up when clicking on objects

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Cottage Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Jungle Adventures, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Interactions with objects such as a stove or even the pause button
What happens when the bug occurs? When in game, when I click on an item to interact with, such as my stove, the entire game, including the time freezes for about 20 seconds while waiting for the interactions commands to pop up.
What do you expect to see? I expect when clicking on an object, such as the stove, to see the available interactions with the stove to pop up immediately.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cottage Living Installed and 7/27/21 Patch

This has not started happening until after I installed Cottage Living, and I believe specifically the 7/27/21 patch. I have never used any Custom Content or Mods in my game ever. The problem I am having is that I when clicking on objects that have actions in my home such as the stove or the toilet for example, the game will freeze or lag for about 20 seconds before the possible interactions appear on screen. During this time, everything is frozen including the time of day at the bottom of the screen. I also see lag when clicking on the pause button in Live mode for to stop time. I can hear the interaction click, but nothing happens for about 20 seconds. This makes the game completely unplayable. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title, added tag

Message 2 of 135 (22,303 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: cooking lag

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello.

The team would like to collect more affected (unmodded) saves with this issue.

If you're willing to share saves, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 82 of 135 (18,631 Views)

All Replies

Cursor on live mode unresponsive.

★★★★ Novice

Hi EA I have just installed the update ,and made sure my ps4 is up to date which it is. When I click on the fridge in my sims's home  in live mode,using the cursor it takes a long time to load.

It is putting me off playing the game as makes it unbearable to play properly.

Any help to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 135 (21,489 Views)

Re: Lag After Cottage Living & 7/27/21 Patch -- 20 second lag on object inte

Hero
@xobaybebritox How large is your save game ? Do you have lots empty households in your household manager ?

How many items does your Sim have in their inventory ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 135 (22,216 Views)

Re: Cursor on live mode unresponsive.

★ Guide

Same here when I play my game on PS4. I can’t click on anything and my sims get where they can’t move. Also I have it where walls don’t go down or up. I can only move the camera up and down as well as first person mode. The Cottage Living is completely unplayable at times. 

I updated the game to the newest update on PS4 before I even got Cottage Living.

Message 4 of 135 (21,452 Views)

Re: 20 second lag on object interactions

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Having THIS exact same issue ON Xbox One! It's completely unplayable right now. I've Uninstalled all packs and tried reinstalling them slowly reinstall one by one, to try find which Addon / DLCs are causing this. So far no luck, I guess it's broken (like the actual Core of the Base Game) and there's no easy 'quick fix' right now!

Frown

Simulation lag is the worst and such a game killer, but this is compounded by the fact The Sims 4 does Not respond at all. The Build and Buy mode is Legit useless now nothing is working (especially when trying to access, retrieve and place items into the Family Inventory) LIVE MODE lags unbearably. Pause / Resume and Fast forward time does not work as it should. Sims stand around idle for Hours doing Nothing at all. CANNOT cancel current tasks. SAVING GAME takes more than 15 minutes or it refuses to save and "locks up" eventually forcing the game to crash to dashboard or I have to hold Power button to turn off my console! It's just such a mess! 😑😱😭

Message 5 of 135 (22,155 Views)

4 second lag

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on fridge or oven in sims home and there is a 4 second lag.
What happens when the bug occurs? 4 second delay which makes the game unplayable.
What do you expect to see? No more lag.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please find below a video of the 4 second lag.!

Message 6 of 135 (22,160 Views)

Re: 4 second lag

★★ Novice

I have the same problem, frigde and oven interakctions takes 15 second to open popups. I have lots of items in my sim inventory, but it was not a problem before cottage living.

Message 7 of 135 (22,116 Views)

Re: Lag for menu to show up when clicking on objects

★★★★★ Apprentice
@xobaybebritox I might be seeing a similar issue. Though my game don't freeze completely, it does lag for a second when I click on an item with a lot of menu options, fridge specifically.
Message 8 of 135 (22,105 Views)

Re: 20 second lag on object interactions

★★ Guide
@COSMICSMURFER I've come back today to add more findings to this list of bugs / glitches. I ran a Fresh New Save* playthrough without any older packs / DLC installed. Only had Cottage Living installed, and yup. Camera is wonky (On hilly type terrain areas, i.e Raised ground where a house is placed the Camera Angles are not working as they should) There is a sort of "skip" when Rotating the Camera* and Sims seem to Glitch high above Staircases*. When you click "Follow Sim" option on camera movement, the Sim glitches and *Runs around in circles* especially near Chicken Coops.... Starting to see a pattern here.

I've encountered even more Bugs. But here's the Big Ones that make the game completely (and unacceptably) unplayable!:

>> SIMULATION Lag -- Lasting more than 20 seconds in some instances. Especially when in Build /Buy mode and pressing *Undo* takes forever....

>> WONKY CAMERA MOVEMENT (not activity within normal camera movement parameters)

>> Sim Glitches like Vanellope von Schweetz in Wreck-it Ralph after Returning from Build/Buy Mode* and Resuming Live Mode!*(i.e teleports all over the place)
Message 9 of 135 (22,091 Views)

Re: Eggplant Whirl Frog graphics issue

★★★★ Novice

I don't know if I should just delete this but after even more searching (which I have been searching for awhile) I found an article that said the issue was laptop mode. Turned it off and it was the issue.

Message 10 of 135 (12,022 Views)