Re: cooking lag

by SimQARobo

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

I was suffering from a much milder sense of what you're all describing, it was locking up for about 2 seconds max for me whenever I tried to cook something or open the fridge and when my Vampire sims prepare to speed run across the screen.

It still happens.. everytime, but I have reduced it significantly by doing the following things..

1 - make sure your system is up to date and doesn't need any updates, if it does update and restart.

2 - clear the download cache ( I play through steam ) / game cache ( not sure about console's / Mac )

3 - reduce ( and I mean massively )  the amount of ingredients, collectibles, things you don't use, but you're keeping in your inventory for some god unknown reason ( I was doing it too ! )

You have to get it so it's down to one page and there's really no reason you need to keep anything that is less than perfect quality.

4 There should be other storage options in the game that can hold some of those items that you just can't let go...  Buyer Beware and The Ornate Storage Box are two examples. - Base game items

I am still having a tiny delay, don't get me wrong it's not a complete fix and I still experience a massive FR ( Frame rate ) drop when I enter Buy/Build Mode and vice versa back to Live Mode, but fortunately opening and closing the options menu fixes this for me.

I had Soo many bugs because of Seasons that I just plain uninstalled that DLC Tongue out

I Do not play with Mods or Cheats, if you do, that's on you.

If you still experience huge problems, maybe try lowering some of your settings and or experimenting witih Windowed Modes.

I hope this helps atleast 1 person, hopefully many more.

Gluck

Message 81 of 135 (2,761 Views)

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello.

The team would like to collect more affected (unmodded) saves with this issue.

If you're willing to share saves, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 82 of 135 (18,599 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Lag for menu to show up when clicking on objects

★★★★ Apprentice

I've been having the same issue with lag when clicking on the fridge to cook something in recent months.  I just figured it's because we got lots of free food as well as the new foods that came with Cottage Living so it's taking more time to load. 

Message 83 of 135 (2,660 Views)

★★★★ Novice

"There should be other storage options in the game that can hold some of those items that you just can't let go...  Buyer Beware and The Ornate Storage Box are two examples. - Base game items"

Be careful with storage boxes/chests! Do NOT store photographs or paintings in them. You are very likely to turn your entire family legacy photo album into a collection of black frames, and your priceless masterpieces into blank canvases. Collectibles, too, sometimes glitch so you are unable to remove them from the chest, though that has only happened to me after moving to a new house. I'm not sure if it happens with every storage box/chest, but it's happened with a few different ones for me, so I wouldn't take the chance.

Message 84 of 135 (2,589 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

I’m on PS4 and this lag issue is back with a vengeance!

It’s taken me about ten minutes real time to clean out a fridge… AND I couldn’t because of the lag.

the menu finally popped up but I was saving the game to exit out. Of course! 😅

I hope this gets fixed soon … as soon as I get a USB and access to a pc I’ll send my saves. 

Not sure I want to post a video on the lag on Twitter though … I’d get frustrated just watching it and so will everyone else. 🤪

Message 85 of 135 (2,451 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

This actually pauses my game for about 15 seconds when canning by selecting the fridge or stove. I couldn't figure out when I'd pressed pause but it's doing it on it's own. Then it unpauses on it's own and carries on. I've had a few issues with canning already without this one.

I've got a vegetarian Sim alone on a small crop based farm with the Simple Living lot trait so his fridge has to have plenty of things in it. His personal inventory only has about 8 things in it as harvestables go straight to the fridge, nothing in build inventory or stored anywhere except the fridge. He has to make some products for ingredients because of the Simple Living trait so there's not really any way around it.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 86 of 135 (2,394 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am experiencing much of what is described in previous posts.  Got a Delivery Express on June 6, 2022 that created so much lag the game is basically unplayable on my X-BOX. 

• walking is no longer smooth - sims jump across the screen as they freeze then show up
  • camera is jumpy and hard to move so see what you want to see
  • difficult to select items since mouse is laggy and jumpy
  • bringing up menu and saving doesn't fix lag like it used to before the delivery express
  • maybe unrelated - but all my pictures went blank/black and I cannot have my sim take new pictures
  • I tried deleting data and resyncing - which fixes a lot of things-  but not this time.

So my game is basically unplayable until another fix is delivered.

Message 87 of 135 (2,249 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Lag for menu to show up when clicking on objects

★★ Novice

I have the same problem with my game. But the menu takes time for the oven, the fridge, the social interaction between sims and especially the computer. could you help me ea

(sorry for my english i'm french )

Message 88 of 135 (2,058 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Today's patch may have improved this issue.  Is anyone still seeing this issue (without mods or cc) after updating the game?

Version numbers for today's patch:

PC: 1.90.358.1030

Mac: 1.90.358.1230
Console: 1.61

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 89 of 135 (1,971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I wasn't experiencing this at all until I bought the new high school pack. I didn't play in live mode until today, so I don't know if this would have been a problem in my save before the latest patch or not. Live mode worked as expected until I sent my teen to school - the game keeps lagging and the command options don't pop up for several seconds after I click on objects. It's making live mode unplayable. 

Edit: I have most of the packs installed, I play on PC, and I have no mods/CC installed (and never have). 

Message 90 of 135 (1,909 Views)