by leroidetout

Original Post

[OPEN] LE from Exiting Build Mode on Public Lot During an Making Money Scenario

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Start the Making Money scenario 2. Set up the Sim and such as is needed. 3. Once you are set up with your Sim in a house and such, travel to a park (or other public lot, should happen there too). 4. Open build mode. 5. Place an item. 6. Exit build mode. 7. Profit.
What happens when the bug occurs? If you don't have Better Exceptions or MCCC, nothing that I can tell. It does seem to be "just an LE" but I have not played longer than to confirm the exception happens, so I can't say whether or not there are long term effects on the game.
What do you expect to see? Ideally, since it's not unreasonable that a player might want to add something to a public park or so while playing a scenario, this error shouldn't happen. Error logging can cause lag in the game as writing files to disc is a very slow process, and if someone were to really renovate a park say for a wedding while this scenario is active, that could be a massive error file they generate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.81.72

Hey Crin. Here again with another bug report. It's been a while lol.

So, mainly I'm making this report since we've steadily been seeing this error pop up and I imagine it'll only get worse and worse as more people try the scenario.

On a technical level, the error seems to be that the game cannot track the change in money since, when at a park or other public lot, there's no "link" to a household for the game to use. (In particular, the "data participant" of the registered the "on build/buy mode exit" event is None.)

File 'T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py', line 935, in __call__ [ self : DataResolver: participant: None, test : <event_testing.test_variants.SimoleonsTest object at 0x00007FF46DCA9600>, __class__ : <class 'event_testing.resolver.DataResolver'>]

Attached is the type of LE file generated by this bug/oversight.

The three people I've asked so far personally who've I've seen get this error, say they have free build enabled. While this itself doesn't cause the issue, like I initially thought, players often use it to edit lots not normally allowed to be edited (like the active career lots), and I image this may cause the same issues, as the lot wouldn't be linked to the Sim.

Using free build on a residential household a Sim lives on did not give me an error, however, so there's that.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 1 of 1 (526 Views)