Re: [OPEN] Infant food-exploring resetting/not known to other caregiver

by Seastormwitch

Original Post

Infant food preferences resetting

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All besides Batuu & BTD
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an infant develop their food preferences then go into cas or reload the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I develop my infant's food preferences via highchair, they always reset to "never tried" after reloading the game or going into cas. They also aren't known to any other caregivers.
What do you expect to see? Infants keep their preferences no matter what.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I really love the food preference system but this bug makes me never want to use it, especially as someone who goes into cas a lot. If there's any mod or something to fix this please let me know, I'm tired of just bottle feeding my infants instead.

Message 51 of 63 (1,120 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@marianlarsen I just discovered this glitch today. I'd tried almost all foods for baby, now every preference is gone. So many glitches in this new xpac.
Message 52 of 63 (1,079 Views)

Re: Infant food-exploring likes and dislikes resetting/not known to other caregi

★★ Novice
@Tiga3004 This is my problem as well, the likes and dislikes reset every time I enter cas
Message 53 of 63 (1,011 Views)

Sims 4 Infant food preferences keep resetting. Especially if I go to cas.

★★ Novice

It's very annoying, hope this bug gets fixed soon.

Message 54 of 63 (986 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same here! The other caregiver has no "knowledge" of the food exploration preferences.

Message 55 of 63 (972 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm experiencing this too. I do not have the Growing Together pack. 

Like others, I notice this resets after going into CAS. 

Message 56 of 63 (943 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just had the same issue. Had several foods and finger foods explored but they reset after coming back from CAS.

Message 57 of 63 (905 Views)

★★★ Guide
Have had this happen four times so far with one infant.
Message 58 of 63 (743 Views)

The Sims 4 - Infant food exploration

★★★ Newbie

There is a bug where whenever I restart my game the list of baby food explored with the infant resets. This isn't saving for some reason. I've asked in Facebook groups if anyone else experiences this and it seems that everyone is. Is it supposed to reset? 

Message 59 of 63 (655 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 - Infant food exploration

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

My older infant's food preferences never reset despite reloading, going to CAS, and restarting the game, but her brother's reset for both parents after going into CAS and going back to live mode. Very annoying and baffling that it only happened to one infant and not the other.

Message 60 of 63 (484 Views)