by SianAF148

Original Post

[OPEN] Infant distorts when trying to Walk autonomously

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything as of 14th March 2023
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an infant in the household, and a toy/lamp that they can interact with
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets all stretchy
What do you expect to see? Them crawl to the area instead of try to walk
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The 1.96 update with infants

03-14-23_9-16-03 PM.png

ImageImage

It's this interaction ^^ Happened a few times now. There is no "Walk" option to choose manually so it must be accidentally enabled for Infants

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (4,343 Views)

Re: Infant distorts when trying to Walk autonomously

★★★★★ Pro

Ive also had this happen, only autonoumously though.

Message 2 of 7 (4,305 Views)

Re: Infant distorts when trying to Walk autonomously

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Infants get other adult buffs/animations as well, like reacting to being in a Tiny House or Sulani cleaned environment where they also get butterflies frying around them, indoors, and they are not even in Sulani world but in Forgotten Hollow and Moonwood Mill.

Edited: Screenshot - Alien infant in Strangerville has Sulani Conservation Effort buff. Had disctortion and butterflies as well.

Message 3 of 7 (4,195 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Infant distorts when trying to Walk autonomously

★ Novice

Soooo this has not been solved yet cause I am most definitely having this same issue.. I wish EA would make something , test it and then release. It's such a pain >__<

Message 4 of 7 (2,227 Views)

★ Guide
@kaeejohnson14 They DO test it 🙄 But it's just a fact of life that they *won't* find everything. It's impossible for them to cuz they'd have to test the game with every single combination of packs you could have on every single system that could exist (and I guarantee that would at LEAST be in the thousands of different machines + packs if not tens or hundreds of thousands).
Message 5 of 7 (2,195 Views)

★ Apprentice

My infant only moved around this way, whether she moved autonomously or I had her “crawl” somewhere. She never crawled, not once. She only ever did this weird stretchy walk.

Message 6 of 7 (1,519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

"Me too"ed. I have witnessed multiple demon infants. I was concerned that the Curious bloodline was just cursed.

Message 7 of 7 (1,463 Views)