Re: Sims Changing Outfits on Home Lot (Island Living)

by Thenyoukissme

Original Post

[OPEN] [IL] Sims Changing into bathing suit all the time

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Live on a water lot. Wear any outfit except swim suit. Go outside.
What happens when the bug occurs? Going outside causes sim to auto-change into swim suit.
What do you expect to see? Sims should not change into swim suit just because they're outside if it's their home lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Island Living

It's not so much a bug as a huge oversight, but it's only been 10 minutes and I'm already very annoyed that my sims change into a swim suit every single time they walk outside of their house. They live at the beach. They should be allowed to wear normal clothing at the beach. Also, it's making an unreal amount of laundry. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 33 (8,686 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@rentur3 Are they headed to the water at all? If they go to check a fish trap or interact with the water in anyway they will immediately change into swimwear
Message 2 of 33 (8,631 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Nope, just taking the trash out or going to talk to someone walking by.

Message 3 of 33 (8,616 Views)

Hero

HI @rentur3 

to make sure your mods are no longer active, please try the following. My Sims also lives on a beach and doesn't have this issue so there seem to be more factors.

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

If this doesn't help

• Is your Sim an human Sim or an occult ?
  • What happens if you remove the laundry from your lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 33 (8,604 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrictHi there. I, too, have had this glitch since this morning. I had tried my game without any mods, purely vanilla and I still had this issue so I decided to follow your instructions.

I reset my files as described and tested with a brand new game. The Sim there, took from the gallery, worked fine without changing her clothes into a bathing suit.

When I tried again, putting back in the save that gave me the issue (again, vanilla with no mods. Nothing but the restarted folder and the save game) I have the same problem again with her changing into swimwear.

She's a human sim, not an occult. I've removed all laundry items from the lot and she's still doing it. What should I do?

Message 5 of 33 (8,571 Views)

Hero
Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 33 (8,565 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict    

Thank you for your reply, but I've actually fixed my problem!

It seemed the error was tied to one specific lot. I downloaded the lot from the gallery, though, and it had no custom content. So I'm still not sure why it was being so rickety.

Message 7 of 33 (8,552 Views)

Hero
@peanootzramano Do you have a link to that lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 33 (8,540 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I do not, but it's on the gallery. It was called Mermaid Beach Shack and it was by AvelineYT.

Message 9 of 33 (8,530 Views)

Hero
@peanootzramano OK. I'll give it a look once I find some time (it's a bit crazy)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 33 (8,512 Views)