by ZenithMermaid

Original Post

[OPEN] Hired Caterer doesn't cook

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? only get to work and ssnowy escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just hire a caterer idk if it has to be in mt. koromebi but just do it
What happens when the bug occurs? the caterer just sits there doing anything BUT COOKING
What do you expect to see? he's supposed to cook
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. i got the most recent update and snowy escape yesterday and it was the 1st time i hired a caterer in that save

05-29-21_9-36-55 AM.png05-29-21_9-37-28 AM.png05-29-21_9-37-39 AM.png05-29-21_9-38-08 AM.png

he just wont cook its so annoying pls help

Edit By Crinrict:  Adjusted Title to reflect issue better, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 7 (453 Views)

Re: messed up caterer

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ZenithMermaid Do they work at events or also not ?

Could you test other lots to see if it's an issue with the lot ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (431 Views)

Re: Hired Caterer doesn't cook

Hero
@ZenithMermaid Do you also have issues on events or just when hired ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (372 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I still have the issue that the hired caterer doesnt cook. Not only at events but also if u just order through a fridge
Message 4 of 7 (315 Views)

Caterer doesn't cook

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Press on the stove/fridge or select on cell phone to the plan social event option.
What happens when the bug occurs? A caterer comes and does everything in the house except cooking.
What do you expect to see? A caterer comes and cooks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Once I sent sim on vacation and there a caterer was cooking 🤔

There are no obstacles near the stove and fridge.

The problem started after installing the Cottage living expansion.

Message 5 of 7 (324 Views)

Re: Caterer doesn't cook

★★★★★ Apprentice

I’m on vacation now (I have no cottage living installed by the way), and the hired caterer(s) (I tried it several times) simply comes sits down and watches tv. The kitchen appliances are functional because my sims then managed to cook their own meals. So not sure what’s wrong here. 

Message 6 of 7 (199 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same issue.

Message 7 of 7 (132 Views)