by ech0gecko

Original Post

[OPEN] [HSY] [DU] Early graduated teen cannot join a university organisation

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them (and one kit)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Teenager (using high school years) graduates early. Enrols into university. Goes to a club session and talks to a club member.
What happens when the bug occurs? Teenager cannot ask the member to join the club.
What do you expect to see? An option to ask the member to be let in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim (a teen who graduated early from high school) is currently enrolled in the fox bury institution. I would like them to join the bot savants however when i talk to members, there is no option to do so. Am i doing something wrong or is this a glitch, as i have been able to join them with another (young adult sim) pre-high school years.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 12 (13,026 Views)

Re: [HSY] [DU] Early graduated teen cannot join a university organisation

Hero
@ech0gecko And you tested without mods/CC to make sure that's not causing this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (12,990 Views)

★★★ Guide

Is your sim still a teen?  There's a lot of stuff teens can't do until they age up even if they graduated high school. 

Message 3 of 12 (12,961 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.186.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, all GPs minus Journey to Batuu, all sps
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Teenager (using high school years) graduates early. Enrolls into university. Goes to a robotics club session and talks to a robotics club member.
What happens when the bug occurs? Teenager cannot ask the member to join the club.
What do you expect to see? An option to ask the member to be let in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Unknown- first time playing teen at uni

I'm seeing the same issue in my vanilla game. I'm also seeing robotics club members show "teach robotics" - not sure if related. I tried using a cheat to apply the org to my sim, but it didn't do anything. 

Message 4 of 12 (12,465 Views)

Re: Soccer and Esports missing for teens

★★ Novice

Ik currently have a teen. In university thanks to the high school expansion he was able to enroll in esports once I saved my game and opened it back up the career was gone and no way to rejoin i tried going to the building he was only able to watch I’m confused cause he got a scholarship and everything 

Message 5 of 12 (12,296 Views)

Re: Can't join Sims 4 university organisations

★★ Novice

So, my teenage early graduate can't join esports, nor any organization until she ages up? That really defeats the purpose of trying to be an esports gamer with my genius teen early graduate.

EA really needs to rethink restricting access to these...

Message 6 of 12 (11,797 Views)

Re: Can't join Sims 4 university organisations

Hero
@AlorielLelyn I moved your post over to the thread on the teen

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (11,721 Views)

Early graduated teens can't join organization at university

★★ Novice

Does anyone knows how teenage sims who apply to university can join university organizations?? I've used cheats but the organization menu still greyed out 😭

If teenage sims are limited to certain university features then what's the purpose of graduating early??

Message 8 of 12 (8,932 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] [DU] Early graduated teen cannot join a university organisation

★★★ Newbie

While this is not a fix, you can force the sim to join an organization with MC Command Center. It is under MC Cheats > Cheat SimInfo > Expansions > University Cheats. It has lasted 1 restart.

Message 9 of 12 (8,041 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] [DU] Early graduated teen cannot join a university organisation

★ Apprentice

Same problem here. Early teen graduate at uni and can't join debate club. 

Message 10 of 12 (6,714 Views)