by LunarBritney

Original Post

[OPEN] [HR] [CoL] [ECO] Cannot Plant in Off-Lot Planters in Some Worlds

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.104.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All up until Goth Galore
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Chestnut Ridge, Henford on Bagley, Evergreen Harbor districts and visit the public space gardening planters/dirt piles and there will not be an option to plant anything.
What happens when the bug occurs? When clicking on the off-lot planters, the option to Plant... does not appear. I know this is an oversight because in Moonwood Mill there is an off lot gardening spot in the Moonwood Collective hangout with options to plant seeds.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to garden in public spaces just like in Moonwood Mill.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Attached are screenshots of some locations that do not have the interaction with proof that it's not an issue on my side but an issue of the game. Cannot drag items or place in world to plant them either and having seeds in inventory does not bring the interaction up. Only seems to work in Moonwood Mill.

So far worlds that need the option fixed in are: Chestnut Ridge town district (new appaloosa), Evergreen Harbor (cofiner station), all of Henford-on-Bagley's districts

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. 

Message 1 of 11 (2,841 Views)

Re: [HR] [CoL] [ECO] Cannot Plant in Off-Lot Planters in Some Worlds

Hero
I feel like this has been reported before but I can't find a thread.

Maybe it was mentioned in the 'failed to germinate' thread somewhere.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (2,649 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This is definitely a bug because as you mentioned we are able to plant things in the ones in Moonwood Mill, but not in Henford or Evergreen Harbor. I wasn't able to test this, but I wonder if this issue is present in City Living because I know planters spawn at some of the festivals.

Message 3 of 11 (2,564 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Actually, I don't think it is a bug. Active Sims have never been able to plant in off-lot planters. The planter boxes in Moonwood Mill are the only exception I'm aware of and that's a different planter box, Kristopher's Planter, that is unique to the Werewolf Pack. It appears that either the world of Moonwood Mill or the planter box has added the ability to plant off-lot, but that doesn't mean the ability has to apply anywhere else.

Message 4 of 11 (2,437 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Sketch793 What's the point of them even existing in the world if you (the player) or townies can't plant anything in them? It seems pointless to have planters in the world if you can't even use them. 

Message 5 of 11 (2,415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

I agree that it seems pointless to have empty planter boxes. However, I didn't design any of the worlds, so I have no idea why the developers put them there.

Message 6 of 11 (2,377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Yes I have this issue too, and it was definitely possible to do before. I remember using those planters box from foundry cove in Willow creek years ago... Now every world in game dont allow you to plant any type of plants. It only show the options to purchase various seed packets.

I am expecting being able to plant, harvest, evolve, fertilize and all the things you can do with the planters on your lot. Further more, I expect also NPC being also able to plant, otherwise if they try and fail, it makes this notification every couple seconds that a plant could not be planted... and its infernal... They did some fixes for this a while back and I cannot say I have seen this appear again though. Although I havent notice any npc trying to plant either. But definitely the planters needs to be working as they should.

Cheers,

Message 7 of 11 (1,828 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HR] [CoL] [ECO] Cannot Plant in Off-Lot Planters in Some Worlds

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I see the same thing happen in Mt. Komorebi & Willow Creek as well. In fact I see it pretty much every world where there is a empty planter.

Message 8 of 11 (1,144 Views)

★★★ Newbie

definitely a bug. I can't take this anymore it's so annoyng. It's impossible to edit the plants that are already planted and they keep sending notes that "this can't be planted here" but it's impossible to get the plant. It's so annoying

Message 9 of 11 (837 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Annoying bug.

I have all the crop's seeds but I cannot plant them on the off lot's planters. And the problem is that I don't have space to plant them. So why do we have them in first place? 

Message 10 of 11 (827 Views)