Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Getting likes/dislikes pop ups from sims not in household

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.42
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except bust the dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play game as normal
What happens when the bug occurs? I get a pop up asking if I want a sim to like/dislike something
What do you expect to see? Only pop ups for current household
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch (may 27)

I’m getting the pop ups saying “***** is enjoying this. Is it safe so say they like it” from sims NOT in my current household. 
it’s only been for fitness so far when they’ve been jogging past my house and it has been people in my played households, just not the household I am currently playing. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title 

Message 1 of 72 (11,373 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [LL] Getting likes/dislikes pop ups from sims not in household

Hero

I like knowing tiny bits and facts about the people I know and I like - but getting like and dislike messages about Sims in Households I am not playing is not my cup of tea. I mean, cute, but not the time. This issue should be resolved and you will see these messages only of Households you are currently in control of.

Fixed in Patch 1.82.99/1.50

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 72 of 72 (3,385 Views)

All Replies

Re: Getting likes/dislikes pop ups from sims not in household

Hero
@xjodielaura If you say yes, does your active Sim get it or actually the Sim the message is for ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 72 (11,334 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict The actual sim the message is for got the like for fitness when I clicked yes

Message 3 of 72 (11,315 Views)

Hero
@xjodielaura And are you playing rotationally aka this is a played household or just a random one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 72 (11,303 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict its a played household, I do play rotationally

Message 5 of 72 (11,292 Views)

Likes/dislikes update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.42
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions. All GPs MINUS Batuu and Realm of magic Most stuff packs MINUS Mischino, Fitness, Romantic Garden, and one other i can't recall. No kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a household of 2 or 3 siblings. Make each sibling have a child or teen. Save the family. Let them live a Sim day together. Divide all siblings and their children into different households-different lots. Go to manage households. Mark 1/2 or 2/3 HH unplayed'. You only have 1 main played HH now. Wait 1 Sim day. Maybe even a couple of sims hours.
What happens when the bug occurs? You will get a pop-up concerning someone from your previously divided unplayed' HH. So-and-so has fishing as their middle name. Does So-and-so like fishing? I think it should only be asked to immediate played HH.
What do you expect to see? No pop-ups about HH I have marked as unplayed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. May 27, 2021 patch

‌Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, adjusted game version

Message 6 of 72 (11,155 Views)

Re: Likes/dislikes update

★ Apprentice
@sierrawillkill Same here! I played for two hours and got the pop up at least 7 times. Most of them were for played households (just not active). I clicked NO each time cause I wanted to get more info on the sim before committing them lol.
Message 7 of 72 (11,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Can confirm I'm also having this problem on PC - households that are in my played households are giving me popups for likes/dislikes when I'm not playing them.

Message 8 of 72 (11,002 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Getting likes/dislikes pop ups from sims not in household

Champion

@xjodielaura Thanks for sharing this.  I'm seeing it too on PC and I don't like it.  My sim is at the Waterside Warbler for karaoke night.  Within just a few minutes, I got at least five popups about unplayed sims I created.  They were all about whether or not they like fitness, even though none of them are doing anything fitness related.  The funny thing is, I expected a popup for my sim about whether or not he likes singing but no.

Someone please make it stop! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 9 of 72 (10,940 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Getting likes/dislikes pop ups from sims not in household

★★ Guide
@JonaO703 Yeah I’m getting them more for sims outside my house than I am for ones in it! Most of mine have been fitness ones but I had one for fishing as well when someone was fishing outside my lot
Message 10 of 72 (10,869 Views)