by ImKersha

Original Post

[OPEN] Generated NPCs wearing hats /socks/accessories on all clothes

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs: All of them. Gameplay packs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille. Stuff packs: Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day-Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new game or load a savegame. Play the game until the game generate new NPCs on home or community lots. Go to Manage Worlds and then to Manage Households and check the recently new generated household/NPCs with CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every new created Sims now wearing the same hats, socks or accesoires (jewely, necklaces, glasses and ear rings) on every clothes. Sims wearing hats and caps on sleepwear. They also wear socks on swimwears and sometimes they wearing also the same clothes e.g on party or cold weather clothes and wear the Eyeball rings quite often.
What do you expect to see? Newly generated sims no longer wearing inappropriate the same accessoires on every clothes, socks should not wear for swimwear, hats not for sleepwears etc. and no duplicated clothes for Party and cold weather.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.66.139.1220/ Sep.3.2020 update

‌I'm not sure if anyone has the same issue but since the latest patch, every newly created sims wears the same accessories, hats and socks on every clothing, especially for sleep- and swimwears. Male sims sometimes wear also the same clothes for party and cold weather.

On the first screenshot, this Male sims wears the same glasses, necklace (hidden on sportwear), bracelet, rings especially the eye rings on every clothes (not all clothes included).

2.png

This male sim has the same hat, accesoires, glasses and socks for every clothes what he wearing and has the same outfit for party and same shoes for formal and party, wear socks for swimwear and he also wears the same eye ring but with different color.

3.PNG

4.png

Interestingly is that she wears a different glasses and no necklace for formalwear and no rings for sportwear but she wears the same necklaces, glasses,and bracelets on every clothes she is wearing. She also wears those eye rings again.

5.png

6.png

I've tried on CAS with the Dice/Randomize-Button or creating new sims and it works without issues so it seems, that only NPCs are affected.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 19 (5,917 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Generated NPCs wearing hats /socks/accessories on all clothes

★★★★ Pro

To be frank, I wish autogenerated sims wouldn’t wear any accessories at all! Maybe glasses could be okay as long as the skiing glasses are off limits.

There are other things, for example the clown-tonsure, that are off limits for autogenerated sims, so I don’t see how they couldn’t make every accessory off limits for autogenerated sims. I mean, I understand that it would be a hassle, because there are a lot of accessories and I’m pretty sure they would have to add this off-limits-tag to every item separately (depending on how it’s implemented), but at least the function is already there, it could’ve been worse.

Even SimGuruGeorge (I think it was him, at least not someone on the development or bug-fixing teams) has written on Twitter how much he hates that almost every autogenerated sim wears the eyeball ring. Don’t the devs think of this as annoying too?

Message 2 of 19 (5,774 Views)

★★ Pro
@SqueamishNerd Yeah this is why I simply can't play without mccc anymore since it has that feature to remove all accessories from any sim. Too bad that console players have no control on how ridiculous every townie looks like. :/
Message 3 of 19 (5,695 Views)

★★★ Guide
I have noticed this too, with the last save I've played. Randoms were already a pain with their ridiculous outfits, now that pain is bigger, because of all the accessories they are covered by in EVERY outfit category. I used to enjoy giving them makeovers, not so much anymore.

Can they please find a way to prevent NPC's from using accessories? And include makeup at the same time, because yikes....some are just horrendous, especially on sims with darker skin. I think they deserve to look beautiful too, not like its Amateur Clown Night at the nearest bar.
Message 4 of 19 (5,656 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Generated NPCs wearing hats /socks/accessories on all clothes

★ Novice

This is happening to me but only with the characters, I am playing with. They have been wearing the same shoes and gloves and I hate it. So far, the daughter, who is a child, is safe but I really just want this fixed.

Message 5 of 19 (5,394 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Generated NPCs wearing hats /socks/accessories on all clothes

★★★★ Guide

I’m experiencing the same bug. New sims are oftentimes generated with the same set of accessories/makeup that’s applied to all the clothing categories. It also includes played sims that recently aged up (since their clothing categories get randomized).

Message 6 of 19 (5,273 Views)

Townies Spawn with Freaky Outfits

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the packs expect for Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for the game to generate townies. You can force the game to generate them quickly if you move your sim to a dormitory in Britechester.
What happens when the bug occurs? Townies spawn with weirdly looking outfits. Besides, they oftentimes are generated with makeup applied to all the outfit categories.
What do you expect to see? Sims wearing matching pieces of clothing without makeup applied to swimwear and sleepwear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This issue was supposed to be fixed with 1.68.154/ 1.33 patch. I can say for sure that the issue persisted after the patch and nothing has changed.

The problems are:

1. An outfit category has too many styles combined.
2. An outfit is uber-multicolored (not San Myschuno specials).
. An outfit has way too many accessories.
4. Sims spawn with makeup applied to all categories, even swimwear and sleepwear.

Here's one example of a sim that was generated in Britechester in my new non-modded save. But it's just one example amongst hundreds. I hope it gets fixed! Standard smileInteresting outfit.png

Message 7 of 19 (5,156 Views)

Re: Townies Spawn with Freaky Outfits

Hero
@ImKersha Doesn't look like they are situational outfits, right ? It's outfits you actually see in CAS (from your picture it looks like it's an outfit)

They fixed situational outfits, which is a different issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 19 (5,149 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict It’s a sim that was generated with that outfit in Britechester. She was walking the streets wearing that. I opened her in CAS in order to showcase the outfit in a more convenient way.
Message 9 of 19 (5,142 Views)

Hero
@ImKersha Merging this with the current report then

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 19 (5,127 Views)