Re: Garden reverts to dirt piles after travel

by featheredfinches

Original Post

Re: Plants resetting

Hero
@libbysf I merged your post with the current master thread. Please send your save to EA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Plants-reverting-to-dirt-pile-Patch-1-76-81/m-p/10...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 111 of 618 (1,042 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Plants reverting to dirt pile (Patch 1.76.81)

Hero
@sconic80 I moved your post over to the thread of reverting after travelling.

Currently keeping them separate. Thanks for the save

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 112 of 618 (3,158 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've just had it happen to me again, the strange thing is that both me and my partner have a TV each in the living room, both with a PC each, each of us have a separate account and it happened to us both that all of our plants reverted at almost exctly the same time, but of course happened at the same time in real time, but completely different times, season and situations in game.

I only have roses at the moment in planters in a green house and they all reverted my partner had a mix of old and new CL plants in the new CL plant bed things plus a couple of trees in the ground and were also under cover all of hers reverted too.

Could it have something to do with a signal that the game is sending out a certain times of the day and it's affecting people at the same time?

Message 113 of 618 (1,002 Views)

Plants resetting to dirt pile (1.77.131.1030)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030 (64-bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a greenhouse and garden in it, with seasons and cottage living installed and latest update maybe
What happens when the bug occurs? I built a greenhouse for my sim. My plants in the greenhouse are in a "sheltered" stage. Every sim week (often middle of the week) they keep resetting to a pile of dirt, but keep their evolution stage. I don't really see any pattern to when or why it's happening. My sim have the "Super green thumb" if it's relevant. I don't have any cc or mods installed atm, and haven't used any for this save file. It's been a while since I played so I'm not sure if it's cottage living or the latest update that's causing this issue. But the last time I played and had a sim garden in a greenhouse I didn't have this issue.
What do you expect to see? I expect my plants keep being in a blossoming state in the greenhouse.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I built a greenhouse for my sim. My plants in the greenhouse are in a "sheltered" stage. Every sim week (often middle of the week) they keep resetting to a pile of dirt, but keep their evolution stage. I don't really see any pattern to when or why it's happening. My sim have the "Super green thumb" if it's relevant.

I don't have any cc or mods installed atm, and haven't used any for this save file. It's been a while since I played so I'm not sure if it's cottage living or the latest update that's causing this issue. But the last time I played and had a sim garden in a greenhouse I didn't have this issue.

Message 114 of 618 (917 Views)

Re: Garden reverts to dirt piles after travel

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time. I was able to reproduce the problem by restoring a save and trying the behavior again.
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Have non-giant in-season plants that are ready to harvest. 2) Travel outside the world the Sim lives in. (Other lots in the same world do not appear to trigger the issue for me.) 3) Return home and wait until 5AM the following day. 
What happens when the bug occurs? At 5AM the following day after traveling, many plants will revert to earlier life stages - mostly dirt, but some will revert to immature/sprouted stage. Some others will be okay. (I have a list of which plants in my farm did what - let me know if that would be helpful.) 
What do you expect to see? Plants should not reset to prior life stages if they're actively in season. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes. This issue occurred after installing both the latest update and the Cottage Living pack. (Like the OP, I had prior issues with plants and fertilizing, but those are resolved now.) 

Message 115 of 618 (3,121 Views)

★ Guide

Everytime I exit the lot and occasionally whenever there are action done to plants,they wil revert to piles of dirt and grow much slower.
Does anyone know if shift-clicking and setting them to "In Bloom" lets the plants resume their cycle? Please answer if you can confirm.
My farm is failing because there is literally no harvest and whenever plants are ready to bear fruit they revert.
How could a farming expansion release when plant mechanics are still completely broken since seasons?

Message 116 of 618 (967 Views)

★ Guide

And by the way, did anyone else notice that there are bugs and weeds everywhere? sometimes you need to fertilize,spray bugs and weed 2 times in a single day,it was way less frequent before and honestly I miss that

Message 117 of 618 (967 Views)

Re: Plants reverting to dirt pile after fertilizing

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@XinqunAs far as randomness goes, mine are totally random. I planted 7 emotion trees at the same time and while I was watering, 3 of them reverted to dirt piles. This is frustrating beyond measure, I must say.

Also, it happened in the midst of the other Sim harvesting, and now I have fruit hanging in midair that I can't harvest. =_=

Along with trees that are now dry and brown but have no option to water the poor things. Somewhere along the way, they really fouled up the gardening system from front to back.

Message 118 of 618 (945 Views)

★ Novice

This is my first post here, so please excuse me if this was done incorrectly. I am having issues with my plants reverting to the planted stage and have been for quite a while now. 

Which packs do you own ?

I own all of the available packs including the newest, Cottage Living.

Which plants are affected ? Please list them all

I have had this problem for quite some time and, as far as I can tell, it affects all plants but in this most recent save it's affecting parsley, sage, strawberry, garlic, carrot, mushroom, and morel mushroom.

Does it happen after fertilizing or what's the trigger for you ?

This happens in the morning when I do anything to my plants. It happens in the middle of harvest and also while weeding or watering. There doesn't seem to be a specific trigger, except interacting with the plants. 

Were those new plants or plants planted before the patch ?

These are all new plants planted after the most recent patch.

If you have Seasons: Are the plants sheltered/inside ?

The plants are outside.

If you have Seasons: Are the plants in Season ?

The plants are in season.

Are you using mods/cc ?

I have the latest version of and MC Command Center installed, but no CC.

What's your game Version ?

What lot type are you playing on ?

50x40 Residential Lot in Henford-On-Bagley.

If you own ECO, does it happen when the footprint changes ? If not, what's your current footprint ?

I haven't noticed any direct relationship to the footprint and plants reverting. It is currently disabled in my game. 

Are you getting any LastException files in your doc folder when the revert happens ?

I'm unsure how to read these files to see if they are related, but there are quite a few LastException files in my doc folder that are time stamped around the same time this is happening in game. 

Are you using a bee box ?

No. 

Does the lot have any lot traits ?

Homey and Great Soil. Challenges enabled are Simple Living and Wild Foxes.

What kind of fertilizer have you been using ? Does it happen to plants that have never been fertilized ?

I have not fertilized any of these plants. 

Message 119 of 618 (1,032 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello back again, just an update, after I posted last my roses have not regrown until tonight, in game about 2 weeks went past and nothing grew, except weeds!

07-26-21_7-46-58 PM.png

07-26-21_8-26-43 PM.png

In the second image I shift clicked the rose bush in the bottom right to bring it back to life, it lasted about 2 days before reverting again, in fact the roses are taking that long to regrow they never bare flowers as they are reverting long before becoming harvestable!

My partner's have been the same, the old plants have all taken a LONG time to regrow, but the CL plants regrew almost over night!

Message 120 of 618 (966 Views)