[FIXED] [GRO] Milestones resetting/disappearing

by durango1906

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GRO] Toddler milestones resetting/disappearing

★★★★ Apprentice

I have a huge rotational save.  Because of how pregnancy works, most of my family's with infants are set to age up as soon as I next play them.  I chose to leave them as infants to see if maybe I visit them with other family members; they would learn another milestone or two.  Big mistake; they are all gone.  I even checked the one I did age up to a toddler, and going into see "all milestones" showed the infant category grade out.  I checked the other families' age ranges that aged up when I rotated through, and they have nothing below their current age.

The sole exception I found is one newer family I didn't visit the house of while playing with another family.  Two of the three kids can still ride a bike, and one of those two still shows a record of losing a tooth (one somehow never lost a tooth the whole week), but the third, who lost several teeth and learned to ride a bike has nothing, not even his first day of school.

This is disconcerting because one of the most significant selling points of the pack was getting to slowly increase the abilities of the infants as you went instead of having them know everything as soon as they age up, but I'd rather them already know everything if I'm going to have to reteach them Frown.

Message 81 of 222 (1,386 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue

Message 82 of 222 (1,333 Views)

Re: [GRO] Toddler milestones resetting/disappearing

★★★★★ Novice

Same here. I moved a teen into another household from the sim family  panel before logging into the family. When I checked my infant all milestones are gone. Super annoying bug.

Message 83 of 222 (1,254 Views)

Re: [GRO] Toddler milestones resetting/disappearing

★★★★ Novice

I'm not having a problem with milestones so was unsure if i should post this here but everytime one of my adult sims leaves the household to a festival my infant goes back to never tired any of the food she has tried them all so i knew what she liked and disliked and then came back from a festival with my sims and it went all back to never tired 

Message 84 of 222 (1,281 Views)

Sims 4 Growing Together

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.397.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vintage Glamour, Vampires, Toddler Stuff, Tiny Living, StrangerVille, Spa Day, Snowy Escape, Seasons, Realm of Magic, Perfect Patio Stuff, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Movie Hangout Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Laundry Day, Jungle Adventure, Island Living, Holiday Celebration, High School Years, Growing Together, Get Together, Get To Work, Get Famous, Eco Lifestyle, Fitness Stuff, Dream Home Decorator, Discover University, Dine Out, Country Kitchen, Cottage Living, Cool Kitchen Stuff, City Living, Bust The Dust, Cats and Dogs, Bowling Night Stuff, Outdoor Playtime Digital Content, Vibing Streamer Gear Digital Content.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With the newest expansion growing together, and the update that created the newborn, and infant phases, I'm having trouble with the infant milestones, I will complete some milestones and the save the game. When I come back the next day to play, the infant milestones don't show as completed.
What happens when the bug occurs? The infant milestones don't save when I save the game.
What do you expect to see? I want to complete as many infant milestones before my infant sims age up. I want to continue with gameplay and progress with all my milestones intact.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded Growing Together.

Please just help find a way to keep my progress throughout the Infant Life Stage, Mainly the milestones.  

Message 85 of 222 (1,240 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same bug, I don't use CC or mods. My family loses milestones when I change household. It's really frustrating and annoying 

Message 86 of 222 (1,230 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Sul27 Right, I hope there will be an update soon that will fix everything, so it's really frustrating, and one of the main functions of the expansion and it doesn't work properly...
Message 87 of 222 (1,225 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GRO] Milestones resetting/disappearing

★★ Novice

This issue is also happening to me. All of the milestones that my infant had reached/skills it acquired were wiped clean. Very frustrating and I don't know how to fix it.

Message 88 of 222 (1,084 Views)

Re: Adult Sim losing Milestones after household transfer

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ok I'm now playing without Tmex' full house mod and XML injector, and it still blanked Henry's milestones after he asked to move in with his boyfriends. I think because none of the other sims I've transferred between households have asked to move in, it didn't blank theirs. I'll try it on my other save without changing the active CC

Edit: Okay, MCCC seems to be the culprit. Asked Nina Caliente to move in through the "ask to move in" interaction, and she lost all of her milestones. Let me try it again without MCCC

Edit 2: Played without MCCC, Nina still lost all of her milestones when asked to move in. I will remove ALL mods from the game and try it again

Edit 3: Removed all mods, and it still blanked all of her milestones. I will try removing all CC to see if that fixes it

Message 89 of 222 (1,050 Views)

Re: Adult Sim losing Milestones after household transfer

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict, I have removed all mods and CC from my game and still experience the bug. My test sim became Nina Caliente's boyfriend and asked her to move in through the friendly interactions, and when she did, she had no milestones. Again, no CC or Mods were in use at this time, and all of them were moved to a completely separate folder outside of the mods folder. It seems that this is a legitimate bug, unfortunately. 

Message 90 of 222 (1,034 Views)