by dn3ab

Original Post

[OPEN] [GRO] Infant milestone always shown as new after aging up

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.397.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars, Magic, Strangerville, My first Pet and Bowling. As for the Sets, I own the Bathroom, Clutter, Underwear, Pastell Pop, Dessert Deluxe, First Outfits, Camper, Plants, Loft and Retro Chick sets.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an infant archive a milestone. Then age up the infant with out checking on the milestone, so that its still displayed as new. After aging up look at the milestone in the menu, it should still be displayed as new. After closing the menu its now longer shown as a new milestone.
What happens when the bug occurs? After switching to an other Sim and back to the toddler, the milestone will be displayed as a new milestone again.
What do you expect to see? The milestone being marked as seen correctly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please enter 3 or more characters here. I don't know what else to write.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 14 of 29 (3,463 Views)

Milestone Glitching And Not 'Saving'

★★★★ Novice

https://youtu.be/7SIxsZZNneo I think I messed up my entire save and wanted to know if I can fix it because so far all the troubleshooting I have done (even deleting and redownloading everything) can't seem to fix the problem. I can't put the problem into words so I made a short video to better show it off. I really want to fix this because I plan on playing this save for another 10 generations or so and if this milestone issue continues through every kid (which is what it seems to be doing right now) I know it's going to irritate the hell out of me.

As far as I know on what I could have done to mess up the save (which is what I think I've done) was age them up without... 'viewing the milestone' which makes no sense or was reset the sim during a situation. I can't for the life of me remember what it was but since then the milestone badge thing won't go away and seems to be carrying on to every child born after that. The parents don't have it because it was before the pack came out but every single other saves of mine don't have this issue. I tried to revert the save too but it keeps happening for some reason.

At this point I know it's highly unlikely but can I or someone fix it or do I just have to live with it?

Message 1 of 29 (3,653 Views)

Re: Milestone Glitching And Not 'Saving'

Hero
@terriblehouse Did you put any cc milestones into your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 29 (3,602 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, I didn't have any big mods besides MCCC and UI cheats when it first happened.

Message 3 of 29 (3,593 Views)

Hero
@terriblehouse Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 29 (3,577 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sending the file now. Let me know if you can access it properly, you should be able to.

Message 5 of 29 (3,561 Views)

Hero
@terriblehouse I can def duplicate this on your save but it's hard to tell what's causing it.

Do you have any backups from before the toddler learned that milestone that's stuck ? For me it's only one for each of the two Sims that have the issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 29 (3,513 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, all the backups and saves I have are after he became a toddler because of all the troubleshooting I tried on my own. So for you there's only one milestone that's stuck for each?

Message 7 of 29 (3,508 Views)

Hero
@terriblehouse Yes, for one it's the learned to clap
For the other Learned to laugh

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 29 (3,498 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hmm, yeah my toddler only has the 'Learned To Clap' stuck but my teen as three stuck as I showed.

Message 9 of 29 (3,491 Views)