Re: Milestone notification won’t go away after aging up

by mightyspritesims

Original Post

Toddler's milestones problem

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler who aged up from infant with several milestones.
What happens when the bug occurs? The last infant milestone they got will remain starred as new, and the icon will go green every time you switch away and then back.
What do you expect to see? The milestones not "sticking" as new
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I just had an infant age to toddler and her "learn to crawl" infant milestone won't stop acting as if it's brand new and it's annoying. No matter how many times I view it and un-star it, it goes back to starred.

Message 21 of 29 (777 Views)

Re: Toddler's milestones problem

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@UigennaI've got something similar, except for me it's Pulled to Stand. It's a somewhat minor glitch overall, but still annoying.

Message 22 of 29 (663 Views)

Re: [GRO] Infant milestone always shown as new after aging up

★★★★★ Apprentice

I found a solution that works for me, but it does involve a mod. You need the "Milestone Cheats" mod by Lumpinou, that adds/removes milestones for any age. I removed the Pulled to Stand milestone, then re-added it. And made sure to check the milestones panel. Now everything seems fine, I don't constantly get the "new milestone" thing on the Simology panel. 

Message 23 of 29 (648 Views)

Re: [GRO] Infant milestone always shown as new after aging up

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much for this! I've had this bug happen twice before and it was very annoying. Using this mod and removing the offending milestone fixed it immediately! I can't thank you enough, I thought my save was corrupted!

Message 24 of 29 (362 Views)

Milestone notification won’t go away after aging up

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.6.2310
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions except For Rent, every game pack except Star wars. I have nifty knitting, tiny living, my first pet, day, toddler, kids room, and romantic garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim who earned a milestone and has the glowing green symbol in the bottom right hand corner and age up the sim
What happens when the bug occurs? The aged up sim will forever have the glowing green symbol in the bottom right hand corner no matter if you look at all the milestones
What do you expect to see? The glowing green symbol disappear after looking through the milestones tab
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This happens every time i have any save, and i don’t know how to fix it (i tried to attach a video of what happens but it didn’t work)

Message 25 of 29 (368 Views)

Hero
@Ineedtodothis Is this your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GRO-Infant-milestone-always-shown-as-new-after-aging-up/t... ?

Is one of the milestones still showing as new ?

If not, please post a picture of what you are seeing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 29 (336 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict yes multiple milestones are still showing as new after the sim ages up
Message 27 of 29 (316 Views)

I can confirm that this bug is probably triggered by failing to open the detailed milestones panel before a sim ages up to toddler. I have that with stuck milestones on my sim now. 

Message 28 of 29 (202 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GRO] Infant milestone always shown as new after aging up

★★★★★ Newbie

It seems that if a Sim (any Sim of any age) ages up to another Milestone age group, all milestones that were still considered newly acquired (the ones you haven't specifically viewed after acquiring) will forever be considered new. For some reason toggling the "new/viewed" doesn't save from any of the previous Milestone age group tabs, they save only for the tab your Sim is currently on. Am I making any sense with this rambling?

Message 29 of 29 (104 Views)