by engramplays

Original Post

[OPEN] [GF] Emotional vlogs disappear

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim record a vlog that requires a certain emotion and have that emotion run out during recording.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim records a vlog requiring an emotion (eg. Cheerful Vlog which requires the Happy moodlet). If the required moodlet runs out before the recording process is finished, the sim completes the actions for recording a video but the process does not finalise and my sim is left with no video.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to finish recording the video, then to write the name and description for the video, and for this video to be available for editing on the More View Video Station. I expect this to work like emotional paintings work, where a sim only needs to start a painting in the required mood but can finish it in any mood. As it is, my sims waste time behaving as if they are recording a video only to end up with no product at the end of their effort.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As described above, I will get a sim to start recording a vlog requiring a particular emotion and if the moodlet runs out partway through the process, the sim will still spend the 2 in-game hours pantomiming recording a video but the process will not complete and the sim ends up just wasting that time for zero reward. It would make sense for videos to work like paintings, where paintings only need to be started in a particular emotion and can be completed in any emotion, including neutral, while keeping the original emotion associated with the painting. As it is, recording emotional vlogs is a total waste of time if the moodlet has less than 3 hours left on the timer.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 8 (4,784 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GF] Emotional vlogs disappear

Hero (Retired)
@engramplays
I had such situations at the beginning of the recordings. But after the completelly improvement of this device - among other things, I added more memory, my sim is able to finish the recording though the quality of this video is poor
Message 2 of 8 (4,742 Views)

★★ Guide
I'm not sure if this is a bug, or by design, but I also really dislike this.

Like above, you can have something like a +2 Angry Moodlet for 2 Hours, click the video recording station and choose to make an Angry Vlog, but the true emotion of the Vlog is based on the Emotion you're at when the Vlog is finished,.

Which leads unfortunate results in some cases, like if you start an Emotional Vlog, and by the end your mood has shifted to something like Fine or Uncomfortable, then the entire time you spent recording is wasted, as Fine and Uncomfortable Vlogs don't exist, so you get absolutely nothing for your time.

I wish this worked as Paintings/Woodworking does, and that the Vlog can be started in one emotion, and stays in that emotion.
I also wish that the Vlogs were either faster to make or could be paused and resumed later.

Though I guess if this isn't a bug, this would be a good thing to suggest in the Feedback section...
Message 3 of 8 (4,721 Views)

Hero
Tagging as unsure for now as I don't know how it's supposed to work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (4,671 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Emotional vlogs disappear

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (4,639 Views)

★★ Guide

I quit having my sims make emotional vlogs because I'd have to manipulate their environment in an effort to maintain the mood until the video completes, & it's not worth the bother to crowd the room/walls with items with emotional auras.  I assume it's an in-joke on the programmers' part, but it's not any fun for me, since, well, I'm on the receiving end of it.  Oh--and I always upgrade the video station to maximum level.

Message 6 of 8 (4,190 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just started playing with the vlog capabilities and this aspect is very annoying. Either make the vlog creation process shorter or adjust so that the finished vlog's theme is what the original mood was. 

Message 7 of 8 (1,757 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this and would like to add that if the sim's mood changes to another valid vlog target mid-recording, the final vlog will be of the emotion the sim has at the end. This tells me it's not by design. Crazy how this could be an issue, meaning the devs didn't just use existing code from emotional paintings for emotional vlogs...

Message 8 of 8 (780 Views)