by aidans1985

Original Post

[OPEN] [GF] CelebuSerum stops all mail after move

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except a few stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a celebrity the CelebuSerum option. Move to a new house (I've tried through the phone, merge households, and edit households) Wait for the mail.
What happens when the bug occurs? No mail arrives after the move.
What do you expect to see? Mail should arrive, including bills, fan mail, and celebuserum, as before the move.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Get Famous this started, and it got worse after the last update.

I have three different saves that have had this problem. I repaired my game each time it happened, and tried deleting the mailbox and putting up a new one as recommended for the old geocouncil issue.

On two of the saves (before the last patch), deleting the mailbox, going to live mode (so a mailbox spawns somewhere on the lot), then putting up a new one stopped the glitch. However, with the newest patch, celebuserums and fan mail still don't arrive even when the bills have come twice if that's all I do. I tested all three saves after the patch, and they now don't receive their celebuserum if I move them again.

In a separate house on the last save, a celebrity receives fan mail, but no celebuserum, and I have moved him and his mail still arrives like before. The only time I've had this problem is with celebuserum households that I've moved from the lot they were on when I first chose celebuserum.

I have found one workaround that is consistent between all three saves. Follow all these steps in order if you want to move:

1. Move to a new lot.

2. Delete mailbox (do not add a new one yet)

3. Go into live mode (a new mailbox will spawn)

4. Delete spawned mailbox and place new one.

5. Get celebrity cleanse, then re-choose celebuserum.

After doing all that (in that order), the mail was good. As long as they didn't need to move again.

Additional Info: The how-to page says to include these files (except I didn't have room for the saves folder) Bug Report Files

Message 1 of 10 (4,016 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] CelebuSerum stops all mail after move

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (3,927 Views)

★★ Guide

I have a similar but not identical issue:  I've noticed that the serums, the fan-items, etc., that come with celebrity perks seem to stop coming after I rotate out of a household and return.  (Same thing happens to my robo-vacuums, too, where they work fine when bought but after I rotate out & back, no longer auto-clean.)  I can't be sure as I don't know how often the celebrity-related mail is supposed to arrive.  Daily?  Once a week?  A certain day of the week?  I don't play my households on a regular schedule, or for any set period of time, so I could be missing the scheduled-date for the fan mail, serum, hate mail, etc.  All I know is, my celebrity sims who used to get the serums don't get 'em any more though they still have the perk.

The original sims game taught me to play rotationally, & TS2 & 3 didn't discourage me from it (though story progression caused me problems until I gave in & started using NRAAS), but it's clear to me that TS4 is not designed for rotational play.

If it's close-enough to the OP's issue, I'd be happy to 'me-too.' 

Message 3 of 10 (3,657 Views)

Hero
@Tiarella4 I don't think there's a set day. It seemed very random.

It might have something to do with rotational play or moving so yeah, think yours is close enough.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (3,646 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks, crinrict; I me-too'd.  Standard smile

Message 5 of 10 (3,629 Views)

★★★ Guide

I get this and something similar...

Once the Celebesurum perk is added my celeb sims will get it in the mail ONCE or maybe on a rare occasion twice, and then never again.

I played a celeb household for a full sim month (28 days setting)  and never got the stuff again. Played another household and then came back and still no more magic drinks :-)

Message 6 of 10 (3,617 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm getting crazy "fan" mail instead of the CelebuSerum perks.  I have the perk, but not the quirk to get "fan" mail.

Message 7 of 10 (3,409 Views)

★ Guide

My problem is once I get the perk, it comes around a few times and irrupt stops showing up in the mail, why is this a thing? Why has this glitch not been patched already?

Message 8 of 10 (2,720 Views)

Betreff: [OPEN] [GF] CelebuSerum stops all mail after move

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem

Message 9 of 10 (2,313 Views)

Betreff: [OPEN] [GF] CelebuSerum stops all mail after move

★★★★★ Novice

Still an issue in 2024... Thanks EA! lol

Message 10 of 10 (524 Views)