by JCStormy2

Original Post

[OPEN] [GF] Actor: Hair & Makeup doesn't change

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a sim on the actor/actress career track and show up on the film lot to prepare for a scene
What happens when the bug occurs? After asking for hair and makeup, nothing changes.
What do you expect to see? The actor/actress should have their hair and makeup changed for the upcoming scene.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I only noticed that particular change after skintones were added.

Since the new skins update, the acting career in Get Famous has issues when trying to get into hair and makeup. My sim will arrive on set and go to the makeup chair. Everything will proceed as normal; makeup brushing, cloud to obscure the face and, then... nothing. Same makeup they came in with. Then, the hair. Brushing, blow drying, cloud to obscure and... nothing, same hair that they came in with.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NyD9nJ15fGoDWZQjPfFhRqEc4zBM1ipI?usp=sharing

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 9 of 42 (10,104 Views)

Another Get Famous Hair & Makeup Issue

★ Guide

Since the last update, I'm guessing with the new skins, the acting career in Get Famous has issues when trying to get into hair and makeup. My sim will arrive on set and go to the makeup chair. Everything will proceed as normal; makeup brushing, cloud to obscure the face and, then... nothing. Same makeup they came in with. Then, the hair. Brushing, blow drying, cloud to obscure and... nothing, same hair that they came in with.

Message 1 of 42 (10,155 Views)

Re: Another Get Famous Hair & Makeup Issue

Hero
@JCStormy2 I tested this and it worked fine for me.

Could you re-test if you're still having issues after yesterdays patch as I believe you posted before the patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 42 (10,132 Views)

★ Guide

Hi!

I tested this again after the update, and after clearing cache just in case. I took out all of my scripted mods and this one, in particular, wasn't even wearing an overlay... in case that made a difference. Still the same results, though. My sim went into hair and makeup, got the cloud of obscurity and... same look that she left home in. I even reloaded and tried with a different outfit; in case hair and lashes made a difference and same result.

Message 3 of 42 (10,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@JCStormy2 Did you take all mods/cc not just script mods ?

Did you also test another Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 42 (10,124 Views)

★ Guide

I just got to a place in a brand, new, playthrough where my actress goes into makeup. All mods removed, the folder is completely empty, repaired and cache cleared and... still no change.

Message 5 of 42 (10,106 Views)

Hero
@JCStormy2 For me there was actually a slight delay for the change to occur (which I thought was cause I had fast forwarded the game). I assume she doesn't change for you at all even if she leaves makeup ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 42 (10,094 Views)

★ Guide

Correct. When she leaves makeup hair and makeup remain unchanged and, still, after going through wardrobe. :-/

Message 7 of 42 (10,091 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@JCStormy2 Guess create a bug report then ? I will merge this afterwards, Need the form filled out in the bug forum so I can't move.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 42 (10,081 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Done. Thank you.
Message 10 of 42 (10,075 Views)