Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [FPV] Looking around causes animations to be unaligned

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Romantic Garden, Cool Kitchen, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Looking around with mouse control in First Person
What happens when the bug occurs? My first person camera used to allow me to look around with the mouse, moving only the Sims eyes. Now the first person camera moves the entire Sims torso when looking around, cause them to lean left or right. This is causing Sims animations to move out of place, for example stirring a bowl with a spoon, if looking around in first person while stirring, the spoon will move away from the bowl and the Sim will just stir next to the bowl instead of in it. Anyone else having this problem. Attached is a screenshot of the mouse control moving the spoon away from the pot.
What do you expect to see? Sims animations to not become unaligned when looking around in First Person
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 27th or June 30th update

My first person camera used to allow me to look around with the mouse, moving only the Sims eyes. Now the first person camera moves the entire Sims torso when looking around, cause them to lean left or right. This is causing Sims animations to move out of place, for example stirring a bowl with a spoon, if looking around in first person while stirring, the spoon will move away from the bowl and the Sim will just stir next to the bowl instead of in it. Anyone else having this problem.

Attached is a screenshot of the mouse control moving the spoon away from the pot.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, added tag

Message 1 of 10 (4,376 Views)

Re: First Person camera leaning

★★ Apprentice

I just wanna bump this issue.

Yes I have the same thing and I hope this was done unintentionally and could be hotfixed soon.

It is very annoying.

Message 2 of 10 (4,325 Views)

Re: First Person camera leaning

★★★ Novice

+Bump

Same problem for me. If i just slithgly move the mouse the animations are completely unaligned. Also the camera is much harder to move while walking. That's a real problem because i am playing a lot in first person. Now it's not manageable...

Message 3 of 10 (4,188 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [FPV] Looking around causes animations to be unaligned

★★★ Novice

A month later and this is still occurring. Cooking, playing games, and interacting with other sims is no longer feasible because trying to look somewhere else turns the entire sim. 

This has ruined many of my preferred play styles and needs addressing ASAP.

Message 4 of 10 (3,830 Views)

Sims upper body moves with camera

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into first person POV and start an animation like "kiss hands"
What happens when the bug occurs? The upper body (hands, arms, torso, etc) will move with the camera. This can break certain animations and have you clip through objects. Which can sometimes make the entire animation jitter uncontrollably. For example, if you move the camera to the left, your hands may also move to the left.
What do you expect to see? For the body to move only as the original animation depicts. Instead of being camera based.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated from 1.75 to 1.80 after a long break.

The best way to fix this is to just revert the camera back to how it used to be. 

Message 5 of 10 (3,733 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Sandradiotwo This is still an issue and hasn’t been fixed
Message 6 of 10 (3,423 Views)

★★ Novice

Really wish they'd look into this, can't be that hard of a fix

Message 7 of 10 (3,110 Views)

★★ Novice

when will them fix this...

Message 8 of 10 (2,409 Views)

★ Guide
@Sandradiotwo Still and issue 8 months later. Just how lazy can the devs be to not fix this? Might as well remove FPV all together.
Message 9 of 10 (2,166 Views)

★★ Novice

Before that patch, I always use FPV, it is indispensable. Do something really useful, EA.

Message 10 of 10 (1,740 Views)