by Sketch793

Original Post

[OPEN] [ECO] Green Gardening: Unclear that insect farm/bee box needed for NAP

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The latest.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but 2 SP's and Journey to Buttuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the Green Gardening neighborhood action plan active and have the Eco Inspector visit your lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Eco Inspector fines sims for not being in compliance with the action plan even though they are.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Eco Inspector to recognize that my sim has a garden and to cheapen my sims bills instead of fining the sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

04-05-21_4-21-56 PM.png

My sim can even "brag about owning planters" but for some reason the Eco Inspector doesn't recognize this.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title. There's a thread with 94 me toos in GD on this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Sims-4-Green-gardening-not-compliant-And-house...

Message 1 of 9 (2,049 Views)

Re: Eco Inspector does not know what a garden is

★★★★★ Pro

I think the Eco Inspector is looking for a Bee Box or Insect Farm, instead of garden plants. You should pass the Green Gardening inspection if you have either one, even if the Insect Farm is empty. I know it doesn't make sense but that's what seems to work. See the bug report I linked below, which sounds like the same problem.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Sims-4-Green-gardening-not-compliant-And-house...

Message 2 of 9 (2,032 Views)

Re: Eco Inspector does not know what a garden is

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Thanks! And yeah it doesn't make much sense, especially because sims can brag about owning planters.

Message 3 of 9 (2,012 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Green Gardening: Unclear that insect farm/bee box needed for NA

★★★ Guide

I was wondering why was I not compliant! It literally says take your snips and grow stuff because it is good for the planet 😂😅

Obviously I know most insects and bees are good for plants and gardens, but it is just not mentioned in the action plan and this did not come to my mind at all!

Message 4 of 9 (1,901 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Green Gardening: Unclear that insect farm/bee box needed for NA

★★ Pro

I feel like this could be resolved very fast with a simple edit to the string tables. If the NAP description mentioned that you need a beehive or a bugfarm in addition to plants or at least the Eco inspector would give you that hint when they come to your house, this would be totally playable. I had the issue in my game but I found that discussion mentioned earlier in this thread and learned about the additional requirements from there and obviously got it working in my game after that.

It's kind of hard to see this as a bug per se since the game works as intended but the player should also know what is expected from them and it's a problem that the requirements for this task are not explicitly stated anywhere in the game. Effectively the player does not know what they're supposed to do and it renders this NAP unplayable.

Message 5 of 9 (1,892 Views)

★ Novice

It is completely ridiculous that it is STILL not specified anywhere in the game what the requirements are for these NAPs

Message 6 of 9 (1,548 Views)

N.A.P. Inspector Green Gardening fines

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except for Werewolves, Journey to Batuu, Strangerville, with the exception of kits (have Desert Luxe, Blooming Rooms, Country Kitchen, and Courtyard Oasis).
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Need: Cottage Living, Tiny Living, and Eco Lifestyle packs. 1. Have a tiny home in Finchwick in Henford-on-Bagley. Have a garden where veggies, herbs, and fruit grow. 2. Vote for Neighbourhood Action Plans (personally have NPC voting disabled) and get Green Gardening selected. 3. Once the NAP is enabled, the inspector should come to visit. Despite the garden they should still issue a fine for failing to comply.
What happens when the bug occurs? Despite having an outdoor garden that my Sim works on and mainly cooks with home-grown or purchased products, the N.A.P. inspector still fines the Sim for not complying with Green Gardening rules, despite talking with a sim right in front of said garden. This happens week after week, causing an increase in bills.
What do you expect to see? Hope that the inspector acknowledges that there is indeed a garden and would stop fining my Sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After downloading the 26th of July update and High-School expansion pack. Also notable is multiple mayors/pub owners/creature keepers on Henford-on-Bagley which wasn't a bug when the pack first came out or later.

Never had an issue with Cottage Living pack before. Recently created a New game set in Finchwick, Henford-on-Bagley after not having any Sims in that world for a while. Two main issues immediately occurred: there were too many titled NPCs. Encountered 2 creature keepers (none were Michael Bell, despite it being a new game), 3 or 4 mayors in one lot, 2 or 3 pub owners, two of whom were also in the same pub lot. Some were in the same location, at the same time.

Another issue is related to the Eco Lifestyle pack. I have NPC voting disabled and because my Sim has a fruit/herb/veggie garden in their tiny house lot, I got them to vote for Green Gardening. I read the requirements and met them. But every-time (happened a few times already) the N.A.P. inspector comes, despite standing by and looking directly at my Sims garden, he fined my Sim for not complying with the Green Gardening plan. For this my Sim has an increase in bills and there is no way to get him to stop fining my Sim (unless my Sim is supposed to bribe him).

None of these issues ever happened before the big summer's game update and before installing the High-School pack, so could be related. 

Hope it can be resolved soon.

Message 7 of 9 (1,153 Views)

Re: N.A.P. Inspector Green Gardening fines

★★★★★ Expert
@Ketrindoll Hi! For the green gardening NAP you also need a Bee box/Insects box.
Message 8 of 9 (1,122 Views)

Re: N.A.P. Inspector Green Gardening fines

★★★★ Novice
@GiardiniDiMarzo Thank you!
Message 9 of 9 (979 Views)