by RavenLure

Original Post

[OPEN] [ECO] Footprint changes despite turned off

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle,Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff,Stangerville, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to work, Magic Real, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration pack and Grims Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My Sim lives in The Waterfront. I had it green.... I waited and when it was done changing, I went into the Game Options panel and unticked the boxes so they do not vote nor will the footprint change. But every so often a sim week maybe, it will go to neutral, then back to green.
What happens when the bug occurs? all the time
What do you expect to see? What it represents
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I put these together since they are dealing with the footprints of the world. Not sure what more there is to say. If you need more info ask. thank you

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 18 (4,646 Views)

Re: Correct Eco Footprints

Hero
@RavenLure Not sure why you made another thread. Isn't that the same as the other ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (4,619 Views)

★★★ Guide

Someone told me to put it in the bug reports I did one but it got removed for reasons unknown.

Message 3 of 18 (4,592 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RavenLure You're other report is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-Eco-Footprint-becomes-neural-Enter-Build-mode/... .. I just renamed the title a bit to make it more clear what it's about.

You even answered my question there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (4,586 Views)

Hero
@RavenLure THank you for adjusting.

Marking as needs input to see if anyone else sees this.

Could be related to the issues described here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-ECO-Eco-Footprint-changes-too-fast/td-p/9180818

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 18 (4,536 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Isn't there supposed to be an option to turn of Eco Footprint effects (different from NAP voting)?

EDIT: Oops! Just read the original post more and saw you did that. @RavenLure : Sorry! Anyway, what mods are you using right now?

Message 6 of 18 (4,511 Views)

★ Guide

Not sure if it's related but i have both Eco Lifestyle game options turned off - NPC voting & all eco footprint gameplay - yet my sim is gaining tons of influence doing a stream lets play  (as in he gained 115 points in 4 point increments in a few sim minutes) & the letterbox has NAP info showing voting as being fri-sun with options to choose from when it opens.

Message 7 of 18 (4,450 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@dragancaor: Neither of those options turn off NAPs altogether. They just disable certain potentially unwanted aspects of them (depending on what you want in your save).

Message 8 of 18 (4,429 Views)

★ Guide

I had eco footprint turned off and my neighbourhood was constantly going from green to neutral and back again over the course of a sim day - at best guess it takes about 8 hours to drop or raise footprint level.

This was happening to my sim who lives in Grims Quarry. I emptied the apartments and replaced the walls and flooring with eco friendly items.

All three other lots - Rockridge Springs, Miner's Mansion and the Community Space, have a green footprint.

There's no reason that it should have been sliding up and down like that, even with the eco footprint switched on. Which it wasn't.

Anyway, it was infuriating and I ended up turning the eco footprint back on, since at least that way I could track it.

Message 9 of 18 (4,344 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Footprint changes despite voting off

★★★ Pro
@RavenLure The neighborhoods will not stay green or industrial with the box unchecked. The green and industrial object footprints for build mode objects will no longer matter in the game.

Also, any N.A.P.s that are in effect that affect the eco footprint will no longer have that affect.

All lots in the game should remain the the neutral state as if the pack was not installed since the footprint is turned off. It seems the game is still adding the footprint of some objects to the neighborhood eco score.
Message 10 of 18 (4,134 Views)