[OPEN] [ECO] Footprint Still Gives moodlets With It Turned Off

by PriestessAvenara

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Footprint Still Gives moodlets With It Turned Off

★★★★★ Novice

I'm still having this problem in 2022. I really wonder why this bug hasn't been fixed, as it's so intrusive and influences day-to-day gameplay so much. I'm constantly getting Green Eco footprint notifications on almost every lot, even though I have turned off the option from the start in all my saves.

Message 21 of 26 (927 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Still having this issue too, not fount any solution.

Message 22 of 26 (828 Views)

★ Guide

This issue is in my game too now -.- Why did I buy this pack? It gets worse every update -.-

Message 23 of 26 (777 Views)

Sims are getting clean air moodlet with eco living settings are turned off

★ Guide

I have all the eco living settings turned off and all of my sims even my toddlers are getting the clean air moodlets. 

I'm not sure why I don't have the prompt but I'm on PC and I noticed this after the most recent july 18th for horses. I haven't seen it before. I have issues the NAPs passing even though theyre turned off but I've responded to that forum. 

I have all of the packs except for bust the dust.

If you play the game with the Eco Living options off the air and environment around my sims should not be affecting them. 

If the options are off they need to be off!

I've removed my MODs and the issue is still occurring. 

Message 24 of 26 (565 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

All eco lifestyle setting pack settings are off in my game, my Sims are still choking on the industrial smog in Willow Creek.

Message 25 of 26 (390 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: Xbox Series X 

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)

What is your current game version number? 1.86

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All content installed.

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It just happened randomly today.

What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets an uncomfortable moodlet and starts coughing on smog. The air around the entire world becomes yellow and smoggy. There's a notification saying that Glimmerbrook has the Industrial Footprint.

What do you expect to see? I don't expect smog and an industrial footprint in Glimmerbrook. Particularly since it's toggled off in my Game Options.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console Never used.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This has happened before in Evergreen Harbour but it's just happened randomly today in Glimmerbrook. My Sim's castle doesn't have anything from Eco Lifestyle and I wasn't using any of the features. I'd been in Build Mode and added and rearranged some decor using MOO. I went back into live mode and it happened straight away. My Sim started choking and I saw it was from smog. The air turned yellow around the lot.

I've tried moving to other lots in Glimmerbrook and all are affected. I voted in the Green Gardening NAP to see if that helped and I added the Natural Well lot trait. I toggled the Eco Lifestyle settings on and off dozens of times and that worked until she travelled or if I used build mode. I restarted my game several times.

I've been playing this household on this lot all week but this wasn't happening until now. I uninstalled and reinstalled Eco Lifestyle but it made no difference. I played other lots in other worlds but it's just Glimmerbrook.

I'm on Xbox so can't share saves but I attach images.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 26 of 26 (228 Views)