[OPEN] [ECO] Excessive White Cakes (NAP Active)

by Epicwin69

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] [ECO] Excessive White Cakes (NAP Active)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Batuu, Luxury Party, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Toddler, My First Pet and Nifty Knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Anytime anyone is invited in, visits or is a roommate
What happens when the bug occurs? Everytime a character visits my home property they cook a White Cake.
What do you expect to see? Visitors not to bake many cakes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. My computer blue-screened in December and I recently did a fresh install of the game.

I have also had a bug were npc sims are taking furniture from commercial lots.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 2 of 50 (8,940 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Excessive White Cakes

★★★ Guide
@Epicwin69 Is there an NAP (Neighborhood Action Plan) active? I don't have Eco Lifestyle but I've read there's an NAP that causes Sims to bake the cakes a lot.

I don't remember if it occurs even with the NAP inactive but you might want to check which NAP is active in case it could be that one. 😉

View in thread

Message 3 of 50 (8,912 Views)

All Replies

I like cake, but...

★★★ Newbie

For some reason neighbors keep visiting my sims house, start baking a cake (a white one specifically) then leave without finishing. Cake is delicious and all, but we don't like wasting butter in this house. Butter is a sacred food group that must be treated with respect. 

Message 1 of 50 (5,451 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Epicwin69 Is there an NAP (Neighborhood Action Plan) active? I don't have Eco Lifestyle but I've read there's an NAP that causes Sims to bake the cakes a lot.

I don't remember if it occurs even with the NAP inactive but you might want to check which NAP is active in case it could be that one. 😉
Message 3 of 50 (8,913 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh my god!

You were right, there was a baking NAP active!

Thank you!

Message 4 of 50 (8,897 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Epicwin69 You're welcome! 😊
Message 5 of 50 (8,894 Views)

Sims are continuing to bake White cakes!

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all Stuff, game and Expansion packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? How I found this was I was playing an active family for a long time, then I changed active families. A member from my new active family went to go visit the old active family and both parents were constantly preparing white cakes. Sometimes they were mixing the batter, cooking the cakes and other times they were just leaving the ingredients out on the bench. They'd go and do a few things and when they or their children got hungry they would go and prepare to bake another white cake. I have updated my mods folder, and taken out my mods and this still occurs.
What happens when the bug occurs? They prepare to make the cake and will either leave the ingredients out on the table or they begin mixing the batter for the cake and will leave that. Or they will cook the cake. It seems to happen when either their children or they themselves are hungry and they will resort to making a white cake.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to stop making the cakes, or at least only make on cake. I thought this was fixed but I think this bug came undone for me.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I believe this bug has reoccurred ever since the last patch/ game update was performed.

n/a 

Message 6 of 50 (8,838 Views)

Re: Sims are continuing to bake White cakes!

Hero
@NAUGHTYPEACHY Is the foodies NAP active in your neighborhood ?

I merged this with the NAP thread for now but it seems you might also have this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Excessive-autonomous-food-preparation/td-p/9724949

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 50 (8,822 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

While yes I do, this has never been an issue before, and the foodies unite says that it only should be when your sims cook and interact about food socials. I have foodies unite on another lot and this doesn't seem to be an issue anywhere else.  Also thank you for the forward, I have clicked me too on the other post 😊

Message 8 of 50 (8,811 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I once made the mistake of having a Sim host a club gathering at their home with the Foodies Unite NAP active. 

It was THE FOODPOCALYPSE.

Every single club member started white cake, unless they were starting herb-crusted salmon or something.  (One was a better cook!)  They'd run out of counter space and immediately start something else.  They covered every available surface in half-finished bowls of white cake batter, fish wrapped in paper, etc.  UGH.  My Sim ended the club gathering, sent everyone home, called his family to clean, and QUIT THE CLUB.  Wink  LOL!

And then we repealed "Foodies Unite."  Wink

Message 9 of 50 (8,795 Views)

★★ Novice

I clicked on the me too as well. I have the Foodie NAP on but at first everything was okay. No one was making cake all the time. I had one club gathering and now every NPC is making white cake. I am about to repeal the NAP even though it is useful to my chef Sim. It is just too annoying to clean up all the white cake because you can't delete them.

Message 10 of 50 (8,720 Views)