by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Sims cannot move into renovated Uni Housing

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Nifty Knitting.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By renovating one of the University Housings in Foxbury with platforms and trying to apply to university.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims cannot live in one of the renovated lots on campus.
What do you expect to see? Being able to chose one of the renovated lots to live in while at university.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started happening after the latest patch.

I suspect this has to do with platforms, since both builds contain them, but I am not sure. I can remove them without altering the build too much in one of the builds, but it is a lot of work in the other one, so it would be nice if the issue could be fixed, if it has to do with the platforms. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 47 (20,267 Views)

Re: Sims cannot move into renovated Uni. Housing

Hero (Retired)
@SawtoothLifeform Did you change the lot type on accident to something other than student housing?
Message 2 of 47 (20,255 Views)

★ Apprentice

No, I checked that everything like that was at it should be. Foxbury residents only etc.

Message 3 of 47 (20,240 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@SawtoothLifeform You could save the lots to your library and then bulldoze and place down lots without platforms to see if it makes a difference. Your hard work will be saved in the library.
Message 4 of 47 (20,222 Views)

★ Apprentice

@PoptartJuniper Nope, that didn´t work either.. My sims can visit the lots, and everything seems to be working, but they still can´t move in...

Message 5 of 47 (20,184 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@SawtoothLifeform Can you please move your mods folder to your desktop or delete it outright and then repair your game.
Message 6 of 47 (20,168 Views)

★ Apprentice

@PoptartJuniper I did that, but still couldn't move in.. 

Message 7 of 47 (20,162 Views)

Hero
@SawtoothLifeform Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 47 (20,137 Views)

Custom Dorm Not Showing Up (No CC or Mods)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi!

So I basically bulldozed Foxbury University Housing's house (just the building, not the lot) and I created my own dorm (but its a house and not a tower). I followed all the requirements and didn't use any CC or mods plus I even used the door from the University pack. When it was finally time for my sim to move in, it doesn't show up as an option in the University Housing menu. It's only giving me the option to stay at one of the two-tower dorms. Is there any way for my sim to move in?

Message 9 of 47 (20,025 Views)

Re: Custom Dorm Not Showing Up (No CC or Mods)

Hero
@Nyx0011 Sounds a bit like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-cannot-move-into-renovated-Uni-Housing/td-p/9796946

Did you use any platforms in the house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 47 (19,997 Views)