by canelacaliente

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Guest Ignore Keg at Keg Party

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Dine Out, Spa Day, Strangerville Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See below
What happens when the bug occurs? The guests ignore the keg. They will go into the refrigerator for my Sim's leftovers or to get quick meals.
What do you expect to see? The guests to drink from the keg.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

1. Have a Sim on their own residential lot.
  2. Have leftovers in the refrigerator.
  3. Throw a goaled keg party on the lot using the event scheduler in the Season's calendar.
  4. Buy the Passion Fruit keg
  5. Wait for the party to start

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 12 (5,877 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Guest Ignore Keg at Keg Party

★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See below
What happens when the bug occurs? The guests ignore the keg. They will go into the refrigerator for my Sim's leftovers or to get quick meals.
What do you expect to see? The guests drink from the keg.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No idea

1. Have a Sim on their own residential lot.
  2. Have leftovers in the refrigerator.
  3. Throw a goaled keg party on the lot from the social events choice on the phone, didn't need the calendar holiday choice.
  4. Buy the Passion Fruit keg
  5. Wait for the party to start

@canelacaliente  I attempted the keg party gathering with the passion fruit keg. I tapped it, but the only time my guests paid any attention to it was to fill up some cups for me. Putting them in a group via action did not offer me any options to get them to drink. Everyone was eating food out of my refrigerator and chatting. Everyone ignored the keg as well as my requests to do a keg stand. This is a legitimate bug with no work around that I can think of.

Message 2 of 12 (5,751 Views)

★★★ Pro

@PriestessAvenara I was able to do a keg stand but I had to queue it 3 to 4 times to get it done.

Message 3 of 12 (5,717 Views)

★★ Pro

@canelacaliente  That's strange, I didn't have it on multiple queues, but I'd ask, nothing would happen, ask, nothing would happen, ask, nothing would happen, etc. Everyone was much more interested in eating my Lobster Thermadors and chatting. I couldn't even get them to stop walking back to the table or stop talking. If someone invited me to a KEG party, I'd have the sense to at least drink one cup of it. The only people who aren't obligated are people who don't drink and express that before they come. Most hosts don't care, especially if you are on medication that mixes badly with alcohol, but this is SIMS. No one is medicated unless you count being possessed in Strangerville and there is no trait that would prevent someone from being willing to drink. I did notice when I offered to make one of my friends a drink at my bar before our friendship went down and I didn't make it, but that's why I tested with a full house of friends. SOMEONE should have drank with me. I KNOW one of them does because I make him drinks at my bar all the time and he loves it. He was the one I was purposely targeting asking to do the keg stand, because I figured he'd be the most likely to be willing to participate in things to do with it. What? Are only my level 10 mixed bar drinks good enough for you? Darn it! You are a healthy young adult who agreed to come to a keg party in the first place. Help a girl out. *laughs*

Message 4 of 12 (5,672 Views)

★ Guide

Happend to me too. Guests didn't drink anything from the keg at two different parties. 

Message 5 of 12 (5,650 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also have to que up keg stands multiple times for it to succeed, the sims often walk across the lot to first ask to do the keg stand, then walk all the way back to actually do the keg stand, but most times don't end up doing it. Guests also ignore the keg.

Message 6 of 12 (5,586 Views)

★ Guide

Me too. It would make sense if we had a “call to drinks” after filling the cups. 

Message 7 of 12 (5,429 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Guest Ignore Keg at Keg Party

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file with me where it's occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 12 (5,316 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I just had this happen on PS5 as of the February 2021 patch. The keg was also the passion fruit keg, and I had to have my host sim empty the keg by filling cups from it repeatedly because the guests just ignored it and got food out of the fridge instead. 

Message 9 of 12 (5,103 Views)

★★ Guide

The last keg party I threw ended up being all about cooking. All 15 sims crammed into the kitchen and cooked one meal after the next from the moment the party started to the moment it ended. (There were leftovers in the fridge, but they didn't bother with those, it was all about cooking as many meals as possible while never actually eating any of them.) No one touched the keg OR the buffet table. 

I put a keg out at a kava party, though, just to see what would happen, and the guests were all about the keg at the kava party. No one touched the kava, of course, but the keg got emptied in no time! 

So...keg parties are for cooking, it seems, and not about kegs at all. If you want sims to drink from the keg, try throwing a kava party instead. That worked in my game. 

Seems like the party types and their associated activities are a bit jumbled. 

I'm thinking about having a toddler play date next. Who knows? Maybe it'll end up being the best mountain climbing excursion ever! Wink 

In all seriousness, though...if keg parties ever get fixed, can we please have the ability to throw them at parks? My sims got married in a park and I'd hoped to be able to throw a kegger as an after party kind of thing (especially since there was no kitchen at the park to turn the keg party into a cooking party)...but there's no option to have a keg party at a park. The only option  was the kava party, which is why I ended up throwing one. Ironically, sims actually USED the keg at the kava party....so....I guess that works? :/ 

Message 10 of 12 (4,929 Views)