by manzana0807

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Graduation shoes don't match sim gender

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.120
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Graduate and observe what shoes the game assigns your sim with their graduation gown.
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm assuming that the game may be randomly assigning shoes with the graduation gown, regardless of the gender of the shoes and sim. I have a male sim. When he graduated I noticed when he cheered and I could see his shoes that he has female shoes on - high heels.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see shoes that match the gender of the sim graduating, or their regular shoes - or preferably their dress shoos that I chose in CAS.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Graduation came with Discover University.

seriously?.jpg

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 1 of 10 (3,030 Views)

Re: Graduation shoes don't match sim gender

★★ Pro

This happened most likely because of a uniform tag missing that would assign footwear to the graduation outfit. I haven't played through to a graduation yet, but I've seen this behavior with other uniform assignments in game. It's a small, but incredibly annoying thing.

Message 2 of 10 (2,990 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Graduation shoes don't match sim gender

★★★★★ Apprentice
I have this same issue. It's not a major issue, and it doesn't bother me, but I'm assuming this isn't how it's supposed to be.
Message 3 of 10 (2,950 Views)

Graduation Outfit Shoe Bug

★ Guide

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Graduate
What happens when the bug occurs? Graduation outfit has random female shoes on male sims.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see graduate male sims wearing appropriate shoes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

12-14-19_2-45-13 PM.png

Here's a picture for reference. As you can see, my sim is wearing a graduation robe with female hamster shoes.

Message 4 of 10 (2,926 Views)

Re: Graduation Outfit Shoe Bug

Hero
@Sigzy05 Merged your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (2,919 Views)

Random Shoes During Graduation

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventures, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Luxury Party Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim going to the graduation ceremony.
What happens when the bug occurs? All sims wear random shoes.
What do you expect to see? That all sims wear appropriate shoes for a graduation ceremony.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The shoes are completely random, they don't even follow the CAS tags of male and female. Here are some examples:

GraduationShoes.png

Slippers

GraduationShoes2.png

Heals with cats, flip-flops, boots

GraduationShoes3.png

Turquoise and purple

Message 6 of 10 (2,800 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Graduation shoes don't match sim gender

Hero (Retired)

Seeing this also on PS5. I just had twins graduate, and one of them wore some lovely green heels.

The Sims™ 4_20210328191829.jpg

Message 7 of 10 (2,256 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have this issue as well, still in the game. EA do your job please, there is way too much bug in this game, its unbearabled. Some are due from years, since season EP...

Message 8 of 10 (1,912 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's still not fixed after years!!!!! My sims are graduating in slippers, and male sims wear high heels. It's so annoying EA please fix this!!!

Message 9 of 10 (1,646 Views)

★★ Pro

Sims team please just make the sims wear their formal outfit shoes! The random (And gender-inappropriate) shoes look terrible and ruin any possible full-body pictures taken with graduating uni friends. I don't mind guys wearing heels if it's their choice but this isn't it. Someone who's never worn heels in their life wouldn't even know how to walk in them...

Message 10 of 10 (1,291 Views)