by rostsit

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Bike in an inventory overrides any other means of travelling

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a bike in the inventory of a sim that has different means of traveling, especially with an option to ALWAYS travel the chosen way.
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim will ignore the chosen way of traveling and will always use bike instead.
What do you expect to see? Bikes should not override anything
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is sooooo annoying! I just wanted my sims to have bikes to ride them FROM TIME TO TIME. My vampires and mages can travel MUCH faster using their "Always teleport", "Vampiric running" etc.

Instead, they will put out a bike from the inventory, sit on it, travel, than put it back to the inventory, then reach the target at last. Takes TONS of time. I had to throw all bikes away to prevent this.

Message 1 of 10 (4,010 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Bike in an inventory overrides any other means of travell

★ Guide

Yes! I ended up selling the bike

Message 2 of 10 (3,894 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Bike in an inventory overrides any other means of travell

★★★ Novice
Yup. Super annoying. And then sometimes they take out the bike (half the time inside the house, when at the student housing that's on the ground floor) and then start walking or jogging, after I tell them to bike somewhere.
And yeah, taking the bike out and putting it away take ages! It's super annoying.
And then for whatever reason they don't go onto the bike paths behind the buildings, when told to bike somewhere, but instead get up to the stairs, put the bike away and then walk the rest of the way, or sometimes jog to the stairs and walk down the stairs and THEN get the bike out...once they're already near the place they're going anyway.

The bikes are just super bugged.

Sometimes they leave the bike somewhere random and I can't find it. Then, luckily, it gets returned to their inventory when they travel to another lot.
Message 3 of 10 (3,883 Views)

★★ Guide

at first, I was confused as to why my sims suddenly had the option to walk and go places. seems like one of them is meant specifically to use legs and the other whatever the game seems as default beside legs. However, it doesn't seem to be consistent. 

Message 4 of 10 (3,857 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Andrea058523 I did the same thing because the sim would try and pull the bike out in random places and would cancel my "go here" interation because the bike wouldn't fit. She would also bike from front door to side walk to go to work.
Message 5 of 10 (3,828 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Sorry that this is a bit off topic.

@MarleyTheWizardFor me, as someone playing TS4 in Swedish, this is so annoying, because we have only one word meaning both walk and go, so in the menu we have two "Gå hit" ("[Go/Walk] here"). I mean, the feature isn't bad per se, it's just something that annoys me. xD

Message 6 of 10 (3,608 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Bike in an inventory overrides any other means of travelling

★★★★ Novice

This continues to be a stupidly annoying problem. My Sims bike even when I select  "Jog Here". initially I could force them to jog if I was quick enough to cancel them getting the bike out, but after his latest round of dumpster diving, my Sim simply selects the second bike in his inventory and uses that instead, forcing me to either let him abandon the bike, or stopping the interaction, go back to get the bike and then try again.

Message 7 of 10 (3,435 Views)

★ Guide

So many things mentioned here are why I sold the bike and haven't bought one since in any new save. How the closest thing to a vehicle we'll likely ever get somehow makes you lose time 9 times out of 10 is beyond me, yet here we are!

Message 8 of 10 (3,397 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just wanted to give my input, bikes are extremely buggy and unreliable. Sims place bikes inside buildings before riding them resulting in failed routing, sometimes the bike is placed and then its not used, there are inconsistencies when sims automatically decide to use bikes or not, sometimes my student will use the bike to get to class, sometimes they won't. It took nearly five years to finally get some form of transportation in the game and it's not even done right. 

Message 9 of 10 (3,170 Views)

★ Novice
@rostsit Me too. If a Sim has a bike in their inventory they will ALWAYS use it (unless inside) even if they have to walk like 6 feet. I wanted a bike to ride around San Myshuno sometimes but I had to delete it because the Sim would use it even I I told them to specifically Walk.
Message 10 of 10 (3,006 Views)