by 83bienchen

Original Post

[OPEN] [DO] [S] NPCs won't leave the restaurant after ordering a grand meal

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a restaurant with only Grand Meals (Seasons) on the menu. Then either run the restaurant with a Sim (preferably) or visit the restaurant with another Sim and order at the restaurant. Now sit back and wait what happens to the NPC guests that visit the restaurant.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time the leading NPC of a restaurant group orders a grand meal, the entire group will be unable to leave the restaurants after finishing their meal and drinks. They will be struck until you close the restaurant/ leave the lot.
What do you expect to see? NPCs paying their meals and leaving after finishing their ordered grand meal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This seems to be a long ongoing issue, but I wasn't able to draw the conclusion that it is related to grand meals earlier because there are normally not that many grand meal choices available in my restaurants. Now that I noticed it, it is quite obvious that it's the grand meals as I have noticed for years now that in restaurants that offer a lot of grand meals, NPCs tend to not be able to leave after their meal.

I reckon that the NPCs somehow remain struck in the eating situation and don't properly transfer to the prepare to leave situation due to the fact that grand meals do have their own consume tuning files, but I didn't find any way in the tuning files to change this.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, filled out form from answers given

Message 1 of 1 (1,608 Views)