by Lixisa17

Original Post

[OPEN] [DHD] [GF] Decorator and Actor career not categorized as active career

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, stuff packs and kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose any career for sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? actor or artist (Get Famous) and interior decorator (Dream Home Decorator) is not a profession.
What do you expect to see? actor or artist (Get Famous) and interior decorator (Dream Home Decorator) must be a profession.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. latest update and High School Years install

Screenshot:

2022-07-29 (4).png

2022-07-29 (5).png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 23 (7,570 Views)

Re: [DHD] [GF] Decorator and Actor career not categorized as active career

Hero
@Lixisa17 Do you have any issues going to either career ?

There is a thread here that's become a bit of a mess which is why I'm not merging your report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Can-t-travel-with-Sims-to-Actor-or-Interior-Designer-Career/m-...

I haven't had a chance to test out the Decorator career but the actor career is working fine for me despite the missing icons.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (7,534 Views)

Re: [DHD] [GF] Decorator and Actor career not categorized as active career

★ Guide

The decorator career was no problem and worked fine for me even though the icon was missing.
The actor career has problems because can't open 'check for gigs'. I tried to have 'Check for Gigs' on my phone or career icon to have any gig for my sim, then I couldn't open 'Select Audition' and my sim always poses like an up arrow.

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wNjUsE-c5SUwOrLdDhjcTbfMH_f0YNbx/view?usp=sharing

Message 3 of 23 (7,420 Views)

interior decorator and acting career no longer listed as active

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them except luxury party stuff, spooky stuff, journey to batuu, werewolfes, my wedding stories and high school years
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go to the "find a job" menue and select the active careers category
What happens when the bug occurs? the active careers "interior designer" and "acting career" are no longer listed as active careers. I tested if the interior designer career worked as active regardless, and it doesnt. I didnt test the acting career yet, but i assume it doesnt work either.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the two careers listed in the active careers category and be able to actually play them!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. it appeared after the version 1.90.375.1020 update on august 2nd

thank you

Message 4 of 23 (7,477 Views)

Re: interior decorator and acting career no longer listed as active

Message 5 of 23 (7,409 Views)

Hero
@schwarnoo I tested both careers and they worked fine except this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DHD-Gig-completion-pop-up-not-appearing/m-p/11677317

Did you not get the pop-ups or for decorator ?

I merged your post with the main report of the messed up categorization.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 23 (7,378 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Sadly I didn’t get any pop ups to follow my sim to the job nor did they go by themselves 

Message 7 of 23 (7,352 Views)

Hero
@schwarnoo Could you send me a save with the gig choose shortly before they are supposed to go ?

Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 23 (7,336 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just play tested the interior designer career again to send the affected save file and now it seems to work fine. I get the pop up asking if I want to send my sim to the gig alone or if I wanna come with them. The first time I tried it there must have been an error that was caused by me or something. Thank you very much for the fast relies! I'm sorry for the false alarm.

Message 9 of 23 (7,330 Views)

Hero
@schwarnoo No worries. Glad it's working now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 23 (7,314 Views)