Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Client was happy, Sim still not paid & reputation dropped

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your Sim work in the interior designer career, and complete a gig with a client. Do your best to match the design with what the client likes.
What happens when the bug occurs? The client says that it's not exactly what they wanted, but appreciated the effort. Played happy animation. At the end of gig, you'll receive 0 income, and "professional reputation dropped significantly"
What do you expect to see? My sim getting paid and having a better business reputation for satisfying the client.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sim has done a few gigs. The gig with the Elderberry's didn't end well, but I thought it was because I was still new. I did a gig with the Lynx household, and the client seemed much happier with my work. However, I still didn't get paid, and my professional reputation keeps going down! What am I doing wrong?!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 30 (8,328 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Client was happy, Sim still not paid & reputation dr

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 26 of 30 (3,455 Views)

All Replies

Re: DHD: Client was happy, but Sim still not paid & reputation dropped

★★★ Novice
@lambcaey This happened to me too. It was so demoralizing to my sim that she quit her job.
Message 2 of 30 (8,283 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same thing happened here. As soon as I leveled up to level 2 it's become impossible to have a good outcome. 

Message 3 of 30 (8,272 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@lambcaey Do you have just one client or are there multiple Sims in the household (when you got the message that the job was satisfactory ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 30 (8,222 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The Elderberries had 3 household members, and Catarina Lynx had just her and her cats.

Message 5 of 30 (8,208 Views)

Hero
@lambcaey Guess I phrased that wrong. I had a terrible time with Catarina as well. She hated what I did :D

Did she also tell you that's not what they wanted ?

For the elderberry's Did ALL household members give you that message ? Or did two maybe just not like it and one was a maybe which made it fail ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 30 (8,178 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just had this problem. I did it with the eceletic artists household in strangerville. 2/3 of the household members liked what I did and only one didn't like it so as a result my sim didn't get paid and lost rep.

Message 7 of 30 (8,151 Views)

★ Novice
I did 3 gigs and wasn't paid for a single one and I got to the point where I opened a note on my phone to jot down their likes and dislikes. The last build I did was in Sulani and the only info I got was that they liked cooking and hated orange and red. I had to fish all the other info out of them and started building when I found out they liked Queen Anne decor. I was under budget and the whole room except for one fan was Queen Anne decor, and nothing was red or orange. Only one of the 3 adults in the household had a positive reaction, and I was paid nothing and sent home with a reputation decrease. Once I was told they hated comedy, so no desks or computers, but loved programming, so to include a desk and a computer- like what am I supposed to do with that? It's so bad that I'm getting hate mail from the Landgrab's and being cyberbullied by Raj Rasoya </3 Let me know if you find out some way to fix this!

Message 8 of 30 (8,126 Views)

Hero
@Happycakes101 How much under budget did you go ? If 2 out of 3 don't like it, I can see why they don't like it overall so you might be facing this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DHD-Clients-always-unhappy/td-p/10392274

Wanna keep this one to the issue where more Sims are happy than unhappy and you still fail.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 30 (8,099 Views)

★ Novice

I guess that wasn’t the best example to go off of, but that was the fourth reno I had done. Each time the customers happiness ranged from 1/2 household members to 0/2 members happy. I can’t for the life of me figure out why they would be unhappy or why “it wasn’t what they asked for” if I’m sticking to all of their preferences. On top of that, I’ve seen Lilsimsie steal half the furniture in their hosue and replace it with the cheapest furniture in the game and still get sent home with 900 simoleons plus a tip. Is there something I’m missing?

Message 10 of 30 (8,074 Views)