Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] [DHD] Client getting stuck during home renovation

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.175.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but the Star wars one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? During the dream home decor where i have completed the renovation the sim Bess sterling became stuck in the 4 story home in the Eco living world and i could not complete the last part of the renovation and after trying reset sim i could not get her out of there because build mode was locked off and i was given a fail and loss of reputation once the sim time hit 9pm.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim walked through or glitched through a walled off area of the home and could not get out nor could I open build mode and remove the wall for the sim to get out.
What do you expect to see? I expected the sim to not get stuck or at very least for reset sim to relocate the sim to at least outside the wall.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed the new Dream home Decorator game today as well as the most recent update released a week or more ago.

After installing the new Dream home decorator pack, I played maybe two other renovations and I came to doing a renovation for Bess Sterling in the Eco living world. During the final reveal after they walked upstairs Bess became stuck in a walled off area near the stairs on the 3rd floor of the house. I could not get to her to get the final approval nor could I use build mode to remove the wall so she could get out. I tried to use resetsim as well as I enabled cheats and tried shift clicking to get her to reset. After several sim hours at about 9pm sim time the game sent my sim back home and told me I got a bad reputation as well as I didn't make any money for the renovation stating that the sims did not like the renovation even though 1 out of 2 of the sims said they liked it but I could not get the other sim to look at the renovation nor get her opinion or approval. Build mode should stay enabled during the reveal or at very least reset sim should relocate the sim back to the front of the lot. unless there is another way to relocate a stuck sim.

I do not have mods or custom content.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 19 (8,988 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims getting stuck during home renovation

★★ Novice

I used the cheat bb.enablefreebuild and made room for the stuck client to come out and then fixed the space back after. Hope this helps

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (8,955 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I used the cheat bb.enablefreebuild and made room for the stuck client to come out and then fixed the space back after. Hope this helps

Message 2 of 19 (8,956 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you! I haven't tried it yet as after that happened yesterday I didn't have any reason to play for a bit. I googled looking for a cheat to fix it but couldn't find that one. everyone kept saying resetsim or using testingcheats method but neither worked!

Message 3 of 19 (8,838 Views)

Re: [DHD] Client getting stuck during home renovation

★★ Novice

I unfortunately had a client stuck when trying to show an apartment. The client got stuck in a small empty space in between the elevator, the lobby, and the apartment. Nothing I did could get her out. Tried reset sim and she just stayed there, tried the cheat to edit in build mode but because of where she was it wouldn't let me. I had to exit without saving and lost all my progress because there was no way to get her approval.

Message 4 of 19 (8,775 Views)

clients glitched to another apartment

★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? snowy escape, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, dream home decorator, parenthood, dine out, spa day, paranormal, nifty knitting, tiny living, moschino, laundry day, toddler, fitness, vintage glamour, movie hangout, perfect patio, bust the dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? do a gig in dream home decorator
What happens when the bug occurs? When i did a gig at an apartment, after revealing the renovation, one of the clients glitched and went to the next door apartment.
What do you expect to see? the clients should stay in the apartment where the renovation is occuring
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

the client glitched and went to the next door apartment. since I didn't have access to that apartment, it showed him in a blank grey apartment, I tried to call him over, and do interactions but my sim wouldn't reach him. i needed to ask for his final verdict to complete my gig. eventually I used MCCC to move my sim next to him, and was able to complete the interaction and end the gig.

Message 5 of 19 (7,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My client also got stuck in an apartment after revealing renovations, he came inside and walked through his walls into the opposing apartment (the whited out apartment rooms) and cheats didn't work because it wasn't an area you could edit. I think for Diego Lobo sim.

Message 6 of 19 (8,593 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This just happened to me after finishing renovations at the Lobo apartment. I was unable to get approval/opinions because of the location I was stuck in (several levels down, essentially in a random wall that was not in clients apartment) **** i was able to successfully get out and get approval eventually!!! **** after trying everybody’s suggested cheats to reset sim to no avail, I clicked on the x at the upper left hand screen to end the event. I ended the event and it ultimately told me the renovation was a success, I got paid and good rep, and was able to then select stay on lot or go home. Select go home to get yourself unstuck! Hope this helps. 

Message 7 of 19 (8,536 Views)

★★★★ Guide

just go into case with your sim the stuck sim will load somewhere else and be free

Message 8 of 19 (8,505 Views)

Dream House Decorator Bug

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? up to date; v1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the expansions, game packs, stuff packs. This started after adding the Dream House Decorator.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the dream house decorator jobs. The clients will pop through walls and get stuck in the roof area in some houses if upstairs.
What happens when the bug occurs? during the big reveal with the Dream Home Decorator the clients go through the walls, then glitch outside of the walls, and sometimes get stuck in the roof area without doors. You can't complete the job and can't edit the house without bugging out the job. also my sim was fired from a job when all she did was walk through the door and introduced herself "politely" and asked about their design ideas, not sure if that's a bug but sounds like one.
What do you expect to see? the clients to walk through the halls, and stay in the designated room during the big reveal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The recent patch for the Dream Home Decorator pack.

a screenshot from a game where the glitch happened and it was worse from before. first time I did a reveal upstairs. 

from in game, took off of my twitter.

Message 9 of 19 (8,481 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Client getting stuck during home renovation

★ Apprentice

I clicked "Me too"; happened in an apartment reveal with 8 sims and two of them re-routed to be stuck inside the elevator box that has no doors during the reveal stage. I had to use cheasenabled true and waited until they "had seen enough." Then I teleported my sim into the elevator shaft room and spoke to them there to complete the gig.

Message 10 of 19 (8,417 Views)