[OPEN] [DHD] 'Child Objects deleted during the Gig are moved to the HH inventory

by WallisQ

Original Post

[OPEN] [DHD] 'Child Objects deleted during the Gig are moved to the HH inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When at a client's home in decorator mode, delete an object that has others attached to it, such as a counter with a small appliance on top, or dining table with chairs.
What happens when the bug occurs? The items attached to the deleted item say "# moved to household inventory" which is inaccessible in Decorator mode, but when the Decorator job is finished and you return to your played sim's home, the items that were "moved to the household inventory" are in your Decorator sim's household inventory, even though they belong to the client sim.
What do you expect to see? Items should either all delete, or maybe access to the client's "household inventory"?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

In the Decorator career, when at a client's home, you can delete a parent object with other objects attached (delete a countertop with a coffee maker on top, for example) and the popup saying "one item moved to household inventory" occurs. However, you cannot access your client sim's household inventory. I assumed these items were just lost. However, upon returning to my decorator sim's home, the items that had been moved to inventory were in his household inventory at home, effectively stealing these items from his clients' homes.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 7 (579 Views)

Re: [DHD] 'Child Objects deleted during the Gig are moved to the household inven

★★ Novice

I've noticed this happening for me too; however not on all lots. There's one specific lot that is bugged (so far) in my game and the others have been working fine. Seems super strange that it would work fine on some lots, but not on others. 

I have no mods or custom content in my game either. 

Message 2 of 7 (556 Views)

Interior Design Career Makes Sim Thief

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Discover University, Dine Out, Vampires, Dream Home Decorator, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be in the Interior Decorator career, go to a home renovation, enter build mode to remodel, and delete an object with something on top of it or attached to it (a table with chairs seated at it, for example).
What happens when the bug occurs? The object grabbed (the table in the above example) gets sold as expected, but the objects attached (the chairs) get put in the player's household inventory.
What do you expect to see? The player's household inventory should be completely inaccessible when renovating a client's house, and no items should be able to be added to it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I discovered this bug specifically when renovating someone's kitchen and dining room. I grabbed their dining room table, which had four chairs at it, and deleted it. When I did, I saw the "4 items have been moved to Household Inventory" pop-up. I didn't think anything of it (I thought the chairs were moved to the client's household inventory so naturally I didn't care about that), but when I went back to my house and checked my Household Inventory, sure enough, her chairs were there. This shouldn't be possible.

Message 3 of 7 (488 Views)

Re: Interior Design Career Makes Sim Thief

★ Guide

I’m not experiencing this bug, but have seen others mention it. Have you tried using the sledgehammer tool instead of picking up and selling the object?  

Message 4 of 7 (465 Views)

Hero
@DoNotTouchWilly Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Please click me too on the first post.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (444 Views)

★★★★ Guide

On Xbox series S. This happens to me with all clients. I use the sledgehammer tool now but if I make a change like moving a wall for example and it moves something to the inventory then I find it next time my Sim is in her own home and in build mode.

Message 6 of 7 (258 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] 'Child Objects deleted during the Gig are moved to the HH inven

★★★ Newbie

I noticed this too but I didn’t realize it was attached objects only that some of the deleted items ended up in my Sim’s inventory. It’s a funny “positive” bug basically creating an extra bonus in the interior designer career. I wasn’t sure if it was actually a bug or not. It’s not quite stealing since the client gets cash towards the design budget for the “sale.” It could be a designer kickback from the vendor in a way. Nah, it’s a bug but kinda funny. Another similar weird thing happened once: my Sim ended up with her clients’ dead relative’s urn in her personal inventory though in that case I never clicked or touched it during the gig. I didn’t want to get haunted so I destroyed it.

Message 7 of 7 (165 Views)