Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DHD] Cannot add a room for some gigs/houses

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose a gig that is specified as being a room addition. Then try build a room.
What happens when the bug occurs? Won’t allow you to build a room. A message comes up saying you can’t add to the existing lot.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to add a room and not decorate the other rooms as that is what the gig specifies.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After downloading Dream Home Decorator.

This occurred on both commercial and residential gigs. I have been able to just renovate an existing room but it is annoying as the gig is to create another room.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 3 of 45 (8,334 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dream Home Decorator pack: Can't add walls to a bathroom addition

Hero

Sims now can add rooms for Room Addition gigs.

Fixed in Patch 1.91.186/1.63

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 45 of 45 (2,626 Views)

All Replies

Dream Home Decorator

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and stuff packs installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Nursery addition in the Dream Home Decorator pack
What happens when the bug occurs? Will not let me change anything in the house except the windows. No deleting/moving walls or furniture.
What do you expect to see? To be able to put in a room addition
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Dream home decorator pack, im trying to do the nursery room addition and it will not let me make any changes to the house except deleting windows.

Message 1 of 45 (7,986 Views)

Re: Dream Home Decorator

Hero
@keholley95 Have you tested this without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 45 (7,933 Views)

Re: [DHD] Cannot add a room

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Shanz0313 Could you add some pictures of the lots ?

Was this for the gigs you went to without pop-up ?

EDIT: Please use the following specific threads if you have the issues for either of these types of gig

• Arcade Add-Ons (looks like ate least some of them count as room renovations for some reason)
  • Appartement: For obvious reasons, these don't work. Apartments need to be blacklisted.

Listing a few lots that seem to have issues (please use this thread)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 45 (8,300 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue here. With the “room addition” gig I simply can’t add a room. Or build any walls for that matter. I’m pretty sure it’s just a bug in the new pack that needs to be patched. 

Message 5 of 45 (8,279 Views)

Hero
@josha1996 Could you also post a picture of the house ? I think it depends on the house so a bit more info would be helpful

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 45 (8,272 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

No, these were gigs that I had the pop-up appear for. Will do another room addition gig soon and take pictures. Do not have from the ones I already did 

Message 7 of 45 (8,269 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict 2 of the lots I remember this being an issue for are the spencer-Kim-Lewis lot in Willow Creek and the Discotheque Pan Europa Nightclub in Windenburg

Message 8 of 45 (8,263 Views)

★ Apprentice

‌This happened to me just recently, on a commercial gig. I wasn't aware that it was a commercial as it said "home owner".

This was the first add a room gig I took, and am very leery of doing anymore. Recently did a renovation, where I was able to basically destroy the current lot and rebuild. This however wouldn't even let me move anything, add anything or do anything to the lot. Usually I will save the lot just before doing the gig, in case of issues I can quit without saving. I didn't try to leave and redo it that way this time though. Figured it was an issue in game.

Sadly it cost some rep for my decorator.

No mods used, so that is not to blame.

Also on a previous job, one of the clients stood on the counter....

Just moved the counter and fixed it but I have read of others having issues with clients clipping thru areas that they were unable to communicate with them.

Message 9 of 45 (8,253 Views)

Hero
@Toomanysimmers Was this a community space lot or which lot is this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 45 (8,235 Views)