by khitteh

Original Post

[OPEN] [DHD] Can't enter homes for indoor decorator job if doors are locked

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Ep06.Assets.live-ep06.149 the latest one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dream home decorator, vampires, get together, get famous, island living, get to work. Jungle adventure
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household and lock their door, either only unlock for specific sims or unlock for household only. I'm not sure if it would be the same if it was unlocked for employees. Then play as your Interior decorator and accept a gig off of that household, then turn up and be stuck outside of the house.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't get inside the house, makes it more difficult to talk to the sims about their preferences for the renovation. I sent the clients away and deleted and brought them a new door, the door came out of the budget but I can get in the house now, this also shows it was a locked door issue. Also the sims that live there were passing freely. [note: I haven't tried to replicate this, but due to the nature of it I assume it would be the same everytime, although this is the sims...]
What do you expect to see? My sim strutting through the door elegantly, ready to mess up another clients house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 5 (3,164 Views)

Re: [DHD] Can't enter homes for indoor decorator job if doors are locked

Champion

This happens for decorating gigs and for paranormal investigator gigs too. It would be solved if build mode was open while visiting another property. If doors and gates are deleted and replaced with new ones you can go in so if we could do that while visiting then it would save having to go to Manage Worlds to replace them, except for apartments.

I've had a decorator that couldn't take before and after pics of an apartment as she couldn't get in. I've had a paranormal investigator trying to shout over a fence at a spectre.

I'm now trying to remember which of my dozens of households had locked doors and going back and replacing them. I only had them locked as I've had problems with unwanted guests wandering in, especially in city living, Sulani and Windenburg. 

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 2 of 5 (2,790 Views)

Re: [DHD] Can't enter homes for indoor decorator job if doors are locked

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I think I just experienced a version of this bug.

Had a decorating gig at Dirk Dreamer's house, who was a Proper Celebrity. His house was the penthouse of an apartment building, and there was no way for my sim to get into that building. Couldn't take before photos on the penthouse level the game forced my camera to be at, and on the ground floor of building where my sim actually was forced to stand (outside in the open, on the ground) there was no "knock on door" action, and I am guessing the elevator up was somewhere in that building behind the door I couldn't knock on.

Was able to teleport the client to me (MCCC) to get details, was able to before photos of ground level building door >.< then decorate the penthouse area in build mode, and take after photos (once again of building door), but when sim tried to get client to return to lot the sim got the no access/pathing issue emote. So had to fail the gig and take the rep hit. Despite giving the guy the pink bowling alley he wanted so much.

Needs a fix.

Message 3 of 5 (2,775 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Can't enter homes for indoor decorator job if doors are locked

★★★★★ Novice
@RaZehellAloze I have the same issue. My Interior Designer cant work as he cant know door of flat in Evergreen Harbor. Over year passed and they still didn't fix it...
Message 4 of 5 (1,821 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Can't enter homes for indoor decorator job if doors are locked

★★ Novice

I solved this issue by writing the code "bb.enablefreebuild" then I went into buildmode and out again. Once I did that, I was able to knock on the door and enter. 

Message 5 of 5 (777 Views)