by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [CoL] Harvest Pumpkin task not fulfilling for several errands

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except for Journey to Batuu, Dream Home Decorator and the kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to complete the "harvest a homegrown pumpkin" step.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the pumpkin is harvested, the step is still marked as uncompleted.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the errand complete and receive the reward.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sim just harvested her homegrown pumpkin, and the step did not complete for the "Sow What's New" errand. She's also been working on another errand for Agnes, the "Not So Useless" one that also requires my sim to harvest a homegrown pumpkin. Both errands are marked as incomplete for this step. What do I do now to finish this errand or will I have to give up on it for now?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 15 (3,075 Views)

Re: Sow What's New errand won't complete

★ Guide

I had this problem too and I found that if i grew another pumpkin after accepting the errand it would complete. It wouldn’t recognize a pumpkin I grew before accepting that errand. 

Message 2 of 15 (3,055 Views)

★★★ Guide

That could be the issue. The pumpkin I had growing was before I accepted the errand. I'll try again, thanks!

Message 3 of 15 (3,053 Views)

★ Guide

Welcome! I’m not positive if that’s the issue or a fix it was just something I noticed and tried I do hope it works for you though 

Message 4 of 15 (3,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I have grown all sizes of pumpkins and none are recognized by this quest when I harvest them.

Finally able to complete it.  Took forever to grow small "orange" pumpkins.

Message 5 of 15 (2,957 Views)

Re: [CoL] Sow What's New errand won't complete

★★★★ Novice

Happened to me too. Grew a pumkin - couldn't deliver. Grew another one - still can't. Not sure if I should cancel the errand

Message 6 of 15 (2,812 Views)

Hero
@Ketrindoll What color is your pumpkin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (2,787 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Both grew orange. I used to grow whites but the last few were orange.

Message 8 of 15 (2,776 Views)

Hero
@Ketrindoll And you planted them after getting the task ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (2,764 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I planted them with the seeds I got to perform the task or on other Agatha errands. Basically I used up all the seeds I was given. Used some fertilizers, too. First time it grew largest but couldn't give it away. Second time I grew extra ones, this time medium - none could be delivered. Then I tried purchasing a pumpkin - nope also. I even tried gifting her a pumpkin I grew but she just accepted and that was it. All of this was done and when I had to deliver a homegrown pumpkin to Agnes there was no issue at all - actually, no issue with other errands either.

Message 10 of 15 (2,734 Views)