Re: [CoL] Quick meals for microwaves but not fridges with Simple Living challeng

by R13n3

Original Post

[OPEN] [CoL] Quick meals for microwaves but not fridges with Simple Living

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them excluding The Sims 4: Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game with The Sims 4: Cottage Living installed and select the Simple Living lot challenge. Click on a microwave and you will see the option to have a quick meal, yet this is disabled for fridges.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are therefore unable to have any quick meals like yogurt, cereal, or animal crackers that don't require the use of a microwave. This is especially frustrating because these can't be made using the Cook option either, so they're inaccessible to anyone that wants to play with Simple Living.
What do you expect to see? I understand the Simple Living challenge requires all ingredients to be acquired beforehand - however, it seems unreasonable to allow quick meals for microwaves but not for fridges. Why is it that we can have oatmeal as a quick meal via the microwave, but not cereal via the fridge? Another reason this is problematic is because child Sims cannot cook, so my child Sim can't even make themselves cereal in the morning for breakfast. Their parent has to be there to cook them something, otherwise they will literally die of starvation. Please allow quick meals with the Simple Living lot challenge or let us still make them with the "Cook" option!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When selecting the fridge as a child Sim:

Fridge quick meal.jpg

When selecting the microwave as a child Sim:

Microwave quick meal 1.jpg

Microwave quick meal 2.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 9 (3,863 Views)

Re: [CoL] Quick meals for microwaves but not fridges with Simple Living challeng

★ Guide

Seems like an oversight 

Message 2 of 9 (3,784 Views)

★ Guide

Quick meals have been disabled for the lot challenge on fridges by design, so yes, it is an oversight that they do still appear on microwaves.

Message 3 of 9 (3,756 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Personally, I feel like it would make more sense for them to disable all autonomous quick meals with the lot challenge, not disabling them altogether, because then we lose out on a bunch of cool recipes, which ultimately restricts our gameplay. Like it seriously won't allow my Sims to have cereal if they want to cook with their own groceries? I hope at least they'll add some of these recipes into the "Cook" menu.

Message 4 of 9 (3,714 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I agree, we can't have drinks (juices) with Simple Living? That's a big let down!

Message 5 of 9 (1,914 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Quick meals for microwaves but not fridges with Simple Living

Champion

I do wish they'd find a way to let us use quick meals in Simple Living - even if it's just adding all the quick meals to the grocery options! Box of cereal, package of frozen pizza rolls, jug of orange juice, etc... I especially miss being able to grab a glass of orange juice when my Sim is sick.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 6 of 9 (1,886 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is my issue as well! I love the simple living option but orange juice is my go to for sick sims. 

Message 7 of 9 (1,682 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@R13n3 I was hoping no quick meals wasn't by design when using simple living lot challenge. Quick meals were such a perfect thing especially for children.
Message 8 of 9 (1,593 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Completely agree with op, also it is not even possible to drink orange juice, which is an alternative to medicine when a sim is sick, because the option is also in the quick meal menu...

Message 9 of 9 (913 Views)