[OPEN] [CoL] No ribbon/message after Finchwick Fair

by Maysbat

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] No ribbon/message after Finchwick Fair

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@aikerima I just tried to do that - removed EP10 and EP3 since the romance festival was also scheduled, and I still did not get a ribbon for the pie competition.  The oversized crop competition gave me ribbons, which I do not need anymore of, but no pie ones.  I only need first place pie, so I was getting ribbons at some point.  I know that I have not been able to get a pie ribbon since mid 2021 though.

Message 61 of 105 (1,438 Views)

Re: [CoL] No ribbon/message after Finchwick Fair

★★ Guide

@sneezy000006 wrote:

For me, the "big" competitions - Cow, Lama, Chicken, Big Crops seem to work but the "minor" accompanying competitions for milk, eggs, pies & wool don't get any notifications or participation ribbons.

Me too!

Message 62 of 105 (1,348 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Baylon7373I haven't fully tested/experimented with this, but this seems to be the case for me too. First week, I entered the garden competition only and got a notice at the end. Later, I entered a pie competition only, and then next only the milk competition, and then the wool competition--got no notifications for any. Most recently, I entered the chicken AND egg competition, and got a notice for the chicken competition but nothing for the egg (which was a bummer, since I'd entered an excellent quality golden egg and probably should've won that one lol). So, it very much seems like the pie, egg, wool, and milk competitions NEVER receive any notification of results, at least thus far.

Message 63 of 105 (1,311 Views)

★★ Guide

When I've played Cottage Living for the first time it worked fine. Then the pre patch for, I think, Snowy Escape released and then it was broken and got no fix! An ignored bug - like so many others!

Message 64 of 105 (1,278 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Me too, there is no competition pop ups or so and I also lose my egg/milk etc. Won’t get ribbon or notification about competition winner. 

Message 65 of 105 (1,236 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The only time I ever got a Finchwick Fair Notification to show up was when I was entered in to the cheerleading competition. Unfortunately, it appeared my sim brought pom-poms to a llama wool competition? Double unfortunately, the notification was written to the active sim, who was only there to provide moral support. So, in all, my sim got ghosted on her cheerleading results and my other sim lost a competition they hadn't even entered... 

Ironically, that was the only time I ever got a judged event to somewhat work for either High School Years or Cottage Living...

Message 66 of 105 (1,129 Views)

★ Guide

This is still happening almost 2 years after this bug was first reported. I just had my CL family travel to the fair and the mom submitted an "Excellent" apple pie. There was only 1 other submission and it was "normal" quality. The fair just unceremoniously ended with no notifications about anything and everything just disappeared off the lot. Didn't even get the pie back so there's no way I would risk entering a prized animal. This is exactly why I don't buy any of the new expansion packs. I'm tired of spending money on broken packs with bugs that go years without being addressed and fixed. :-(

Message 67 of 105 (1,101 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I am also concerned about this topic. How many years have passed, and the developers still have not corrected the error with the fair. Why do they ignore such mistakes for years. Horror!
Message 68 of 105 (1,023 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@sneezy000006 wrote:

For me, the "big" competitions - Cow, Lama, Chicken, Big Crops seem to work but the "minor" accompanying competitions for milk, eggs, pies & wool don't get any notifications or participation ribbons.

Same for me. The big ones are ok, the minor ones don't count.

PC User, no Mods, Vers. 1.97.62.1020

Message 69 of 105 (956 Views)

Punchwick Life Punchwick Contest still bug

★★ Novice

Product: 심즈 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 한국어
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 0000000
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Punchwick Life
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Punchwick Life participate in a milk contest
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't get any compensation for milk
What do you expect to see? I want to get a ribbon reward for milk
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Before that, I reported that I wanted to correct the error
It has been revised
 There is no reward for milk 

only milk 

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz fix that 

Message 70 of 105 (899 Views)