[OPEN] [CoL] No ribbon/message after Finchwick Fair

by Maysbat

Original Post

Cottage Life Punchwick Competition Ribbon Award-winning Bug

★★ Novice

Product: 심즈 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 12.17.0-5274-4378c7d38(20141-e90f12e7237
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all pakege
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Punchwick Contest
What happens when the bug occurs? Wool, eggs, milk, and pie No notification and ribbon collection is available
What do you expect to see? Wool, eggs, milk, pie I want notifications and ribbons
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Wool, eggs, milk, pie I want notifications and ribbons

Wool, eggs, milk, pie
I want notifications and ribbons plz 

Message 51 of 104 (1,597 Views)

Re: Finchwick Fair Bugs

★★ Pro

So it seems like it is just how someone mentioned that the "secondary" competitions are bugged. I've been able to win in best produce and oversized crops categories (and everything worked as should) but the no notification/results + no ribbon thing happens whenever I enter with a pie or an egg. Haven't gone through all of the different competitions but those entries that have been buggy, have been buggy each time I've tried. (with different sims too)

So if anyone is really trying to win I'd suggest going for the bigger/more difficult entry type just based on what's happened in my game. Entering pies never works.

Message 52 of 104 (1,512 Views)

Sims 4 bug Can you please fix it quickly?

★★ Novice

You guys figure out what all the bugs are and try to fix them before you think about coming up with dlc why do you always cause controversy with the topic of dlc? I've said a few times to fix a bug 

Sims 4-Cottage Life - Punchwick Competition -Unable to get ribbon ( Wool, pie, egg, milk ) 

plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 53 of 104 (1,532 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] No ribbon/message after Finchwick Fair

★ Guide

this is still totally bugged. I have been trying constantly since this pack released to finish the ribbon collection and yet I go to the fair time after time with a whole family of sims to have as many people as possible make entries to the competitions, still it does not work, no message and no ribbons awarded. This pack is over a year old, this is ridiculous

Message 54 of 104 (1,350 Views)

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.93.146.1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Werewolves, Dream Home Decorator, Jouney To Batu, Stangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Moschino, Laundry Day, Backyard, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Desert Luxe, Blooming Rooms, Courtyard Oasis, Country Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Finchwick fair, submit entry - wool. Wait till the end of the fair for the results of the competition.
What happens when the bug occurs? No notification about the results, no ribbon, no prizes, not even participation ribbon.
What do you expect to see? Notification about the results of the fair competition, and ribbon in the inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 55 of 104 (1,282 Views)

★★★ Novice

Someone said in this thread that they had event in parallel with the fair, when they cancelled the event - they were able to get the ribbon for the secondary competition in the fair. The thing is that I always have Snowy Escape festivals at the same time as the Finchwick fair. Since I can't cancel festivals in the game, I disabled Snowy Escape expansion and started a new game save. My sim have participated in 2 fairs so far, and  both times they received two ribbons at each event. So probably concurrent festivals/events somehow hinder the secondary fair competition. But disabling a whole pack is hardly a workaround, since I want to play with Snowy Escape too.

Message 56 of 104 (1,256 Views)

plz sims4 Cottage Life Please correct the error (bug )

★★ Novice

If we and you guys do cottage life, we can participate in a contest about a collection that can receive ribbons, but if we participate in the contest from five months ago,
Notifications and ribbons for milk, eggs, pies, and wool are not available. 

I've tried many times to make corrections to this, but you're only giving me the answer to just wait. And I waited for three months
How long do I have to wait? As you update, it seems that sims4 doesn't modify the bug or erro 

Message 57 of 104 (1,306 Views)

Re: plz sims4 Cottage Life Please correct the error (bug )

Champion (Retired)

@Min9187 

There is a fair every Saturday where you can enter something If it is of high enough quality you may win a ribbon. You can improve your chances by bribing the mayor but be aware of possible adverse effect if you fail.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 58 of 104 (1,281 Views)

Re: plz sims4 Cottage Life Please correct the error (bug )

Champion

@Min9187 

Is it this bug that you are talking about?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CoL-No-ribbon-message-after-Finchwick-Fair/m-p/12109429#M...

I see you've filed a bug report on the thread I'm on it too with the same problem, unfortunately we are all still waiting for a fix. I have noticed one thing that helps is to travel to the fair alone. I don't know if you are already doing that, but the bug was definitely worse for me when travelling to the fair with someone or if starting a club gathering while at the fair. Strangely enough, even if some members of my Sims club attended without being invited by my Sim...he still didn't get a ribbon.

Hopefully we'll get it fixed soon.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 59 of 104 (1,265 Views)

Fenwick fair- disappears without announcing winner

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? EP06:1.assets.live2_console-ep06.48
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Spa day, vampires, get to work, university, cottage living, cats&dogs, my first pet, seasons, city living, werewolves, island living, snowy escape, get famous, realm of magic, strangerville, get together, paranormal, outdoor retreat, backyard, jungle adventure
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fenwick fairs
What happens when the bug occurs? When attending any of fenwick fairs I enter a entry for the competitions but never receive a ribbon. The event just ends and disappears without revealing winners and my entries go into my household inventory.
What do you expect to see? Announcement of winner and a ribbon
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don’t have any photos

Message 60 of 104 (1,230 Views)