by simvasion

Original Post

[OPEN] [CoL] Growth fertilizers are not consumed and have no effect on crops

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Obtain Hyper Growth Fertilizer or Minor Growth Fertilizer either through normal Cottage Living gameplay or direct from Debug Build/Buy. Attempt to use it to fertilize growing oversized crops.
What happens when the bug occurs? The can of fertilizer will pop back into your inventory without being consumed and the plants will not be fertilized (they don't have the swirling glow indicating that they've been fertilized).
What do you expect to see? The fertilizer should be consumed on use, just like all the other types of fertilizer are, and they should have some kind of effect as described on your plants, i.e. they boost growth chances for larger crops.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As far as I can tell, it's been like this since the launch of Cottage Living.

When I examined the tuning files for the fertilize action, there are effects outcomes described for every type of fertilizer except for the Minor Growth and Hyper Growth. There's nothing listed for them at all, which is why the game ignores them because it can't find what it's supposed to do and they don't have any function at all.

It's almost like they were missed out as an oversight?

If anyone on PC/Mac is ok with mods, I've put up a fix for this on my mod site, which you can find linked in the pinned suggested game fixing mods thread. Since there's no info about them in the tuning files, I tried to guess what they should do based on their catalogue description and made them incrementally boost the chance of growing large size/weight crops when used. This is because the other fertilizers are vitality (increase quality and health), grow fast (increase crop speed of growth) and hassle-free (reduce need for maintenance). So I figured the missing effect of these growth fertilizers should be to increase crop size and weight.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 1 (1,052 Views)