[OPEN] [CoL] [CD] Sim changes into swimwear when walking a dog (in HoB)

by TinnaAres

Original Post

[OPEN] [CoL] [CD] Sim changes into swimwear when walking a dog (in HoB)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: Batuu, Strangerville, from the stuff I do not own: Moschino, my first pet, toddler, fitness, bowling, kids room, movie hangout, spooky and cool kitchen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim go for a short/medium/long walk or a jog. After some time they will suddenly change into swimwear. This happens on every walk for me, even after changing them back. Currently playing in the Henford-on-Bagley world.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim changes into swimwear no matter the season or weather condition. Did not test it outside Henford-on-Bagley.
What do you expect to see? I expect them not to change into swimwear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It happens on the Cordelia’s Secret Cottage lot, I also uploaded a short clip of it on YT https://youtu.be/bcmw2m5OXeg

I moved to the lot with her. I did not see it happen in 2 Olde Mill Lane when I had a male Sim walking the dog. Since I decided to redo the family, I just moved her with the dog (and a cat) to Cordelia's lot, and it has been happening ever since.

07-30-21_6-01-13 PM.png

(If the image is too small, right click, open image in the new tab, and it will be full size)

*About the mods field: I removed the mod, I only had OMSP red shelf that I sometimes use in some builds.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 15 (997 Views)

Re: Sim changes into swimwear when walking a dog

Hero
@TinnaAres Do they change when they go by a certain area ? I think I saw that happening when they just went jogging but it was close to the water.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (970 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict It is not necessarily near water, for example it usually happens up on the hill while going down it. It happens only while walking the dog by the command "go on a short/medium/long walk, go for a jog". Most of the time it is not near water, sometimes it is.
Did not see it happen (yet) if I only leash the dog and walk like that. It does not happen if I go for a jog without a dog either.
Message 3 of 15 (943 Views)

Hero
@TinnaAres I couldn't duplicate with jogging yesterday either

Thanks for clarifying.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (914 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict No problem. I see only 2 people have had this issue, so I am not sure what might cause this 😅 I will try it on different lots over the week and see how that goes.
Message 5 of 15 (899 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@TinnaAresim having this issue on ps4. she's not near any water when she does it , i have it on the lot below cordelia's 

Message 6 of 15 (868 Views)

Re: [CoL] [CD] Sim changes into swimwear when walking a dog (in HoB)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I’m having the same issue. Happens whenever they walk the dog. I kept having sims return from dog walks in swimwear, so I decided to follow along on the next walk, and yeah they just randomly change into swimwear. 

Message 7 of 15 (851 Views)

Re: [CoL] [CD] Sim changes into swimwear when walking a dog (in HoB)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I also have this problem. I rarely go for a walk with my dog so i did not notice.

Message 8 of 15 (837 Views)

Sims on jog with dog changes outfit to swimwear

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go jogging with a pet
What happens when the bug occurs? On a jog with a pet, the sim will change into swimwear mid jog
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to be in workout clothing the entire time
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cottage living

Sims going on jog with dog changes outfit to swimwear mid jog. 

Message 9 of 15 (818 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [SE] Sims not automatically changing to Cold Outerwear

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I found my male sim who went on a walk with his dog, suddenly in his swim wear and freezing to death..... there wasn't any water nearby as far as I know and if it's that cold, I highly doubt they would go in. Sent my female sim out with another dog. She was wearing outer wear, but sure enough at some point during the walk she stopped briefly (see red circle in pic), and before continuing on the walk she suddenly changed into swim wear by herself. So peculiar!!! I really hope this outerwear and also this issue will be fixed.

This is after installing Cottage Living, and the lot is 14 Nettle Lane.

freeze2.PNG

Message 10 of 15 (747 Views)