[OPEN] Check infant/toddler interrupts all attempts to care for baby

by 1125e8c882f46eff

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Check infant/toddler interrupts all attempts to care for baby

★★★★★ Apprentice

I notice sometimes they'll interrupt their own queue to check the infant. For example, they put the toddler in the high chair and sometime between putting the toddler in the chair and queueing getting the food they think to themselves "Huh, wonder how my toddler's doing" and put the toddler on the ground, interrupting all progress getting the starving child fed. 

And if you have more than two adults in the household or a butler/nanny you can forget about ever getting anything done. It turns into a game of hot potato where everybody is moving the baby everywhere and the baby is not being cared for despite everybody interacting with her. She'd be happier if I locked her in a room alone, honestly. At least then she'd be able to get some sleep.

Message 21 of 77 (1,461 Views)

★★★★ Guide

My infant needed to sleep badly, I put him in the crib, then the other parent comes autonomously to check infant and take him out to put him on the floor and leave him there, then the other parent take him to the play pen, then I have the other parent take the infant to the crib once more, then the other parents take the poor infant and put him back on floor, infant crying cause parents are dumb * lol, sorry I had to be funny, but this is infuriating... and whats even more frustrating is that 60% of the interaction I tried to do were auto cancelled, and cancelling myself interaction to check the infant failed, even when the adult was miles away and just continued to check the infant and drove him crazy...

Message 22 of 77 (1,450 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I really wish there was way to designate a sim as the primary caregiver. When there is one caregiver in the household, caring for an infant is actually not that bad; quite smooth in fact. But, as soon as there is more than one caregiver, it becomes problematic with each caregiver interrupting each other's actions and queues to check on infant. All while not actually caring for the infant, just passing the infant back and forth. Watching this is not fun at all!

Message 23 of 77 (1,428 Views)

Re: Commands being ignored to go "Check Infant" even with Autonomy Dis

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@TwynHouse  I haven't experienced issues when changing diaper on a kid with Blowout. But the best thing to do is to bathe them in a tub, becuase they'll still be dirty after diaper change. When bathing them I'm pretty sure they also change the diaper.

Message 24 of 77 (1,402 Views)

Champion
@jazzpus @TwynHouse Actually, no. Toddlers used to get their diaper changed in the bath, and maybe that’s still true, but infants don’t. If you wash them first they’ll apparently put the dirty diaper back on afterward because you still have to change them! 🤦🏼‍♀️

I don’t have Grow Together though, so I don’t use the changing table, just the base game throw diaper in the air animation that’s usually pretty quick. Maybe just don’t use the changing table after a blowout?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 25 of 77 (1,377 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@PipMenace Oh, that's weird. I checked while playing yesterday and in my game they change the diaper after bathing. It happens during the animation when they put on clothes. The diaper lands on the floor.
Message 26 of 77 (1,321 Views)

Champion
@jazzpus Huh, maybe it's a bug in my game then. When I bathe infants so far, there's no change diaper animation, no diaper on the floor, and the stinky diaper cloud persists. I'll have to test a few extra households/saves and report it if it keeps happening...
She/Her
Message 27 of 77 (1,297 Views)

Champion
@Francoisf30 I'm actually getting this on toddlers too, even with only one parent. It's like the new "check infant" interaction is also applying to toddlers. My toddlers kept passing out because every time they tried to go to bed the adult Sim would autonomously wake them up to "check" them, pick them up off the bed, and put them down next to it. And I couldn't cancel, it would just immediately re-queue, even if I tried to send the parent jogging or make him go cook. I eventually had to go into build mode and build a little room around him in order to get my toddlers to bed.

The parent also kept interrupting them when they were trying to eat, and one time he actually queued "bottle feed" somehow though nothing happened other than him and the toddler staring at each other for a bit, preventing the toddler from eating the plate of food that was already in their hand.

I started with these Sims as toddlers - playing the too many toddlers scenario - so they were not aged up from infants.
She/Her
Message 28 of 77 (1,269 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@PipMenace I know, check infant and put infant down/or toddler are the one culprite... Sad to say but as always after a major patch we had nice bugs resolution and gameplay that worked (for me at least) for like two days and we are back into another mess after GT release... this company then let us dry for months or years with outstanding bugs that ruins gameplay...The only thing we get is a 2 days pre EP of finally things getting better... then boom, another unplayable mess. I dont have hope to have fun for another year now that I had those 2 little days of peace... Frown I wish they were testing their bug resolution with the pack, cause clearly they dont, or at least I dont believe it to be true.
Message 29 of 77 (1,231 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

EA, please fix this problem. My babies have almost gotten taken away several times because of your "improvement" to care autonomy. Even with autonomy off it happens so much. No autonomy should mean NO AUTONOMY. I know how to take care of my sims.

Message 30 of 77 (1,154 Views)