[OPEN] Can't water plants (plants dying because of it)

by cursedcatt0s

Original Post

[OPEN] Can't water plants (plants dying because of it)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, city living, jungle adventure, get to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant a single or a few plants and apply water to them
What happens when the bug occurs? Watering gets bugged
What do you expect to see? When i water my plants, i can only do it once. After that it keeps saying ''this plant does not need water''
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've tried everything from repairing the game files in origin, reinstalling the game, Refreshing the game files and nothing seems to work. Please help me to fix this!

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 38 (6,888 Views)

Re: Can't water plants

[ Edited ]
Hero

@cursedcatt0s Do they look like they need water ? Does it rain a lot currently ?

Is this on your lot or public ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 38 (6,871 Views)

★★ Novice

They look like they need water. It hasn't been raining lately. and its on my lot 

I've also tried to go to a bar/club for a few hours and come back to check if they need watering. Does not work

Message 3 of 38 (6,857 Views)

Hero
@cursedcatt0s Do they need weeding or is it similar to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Gardening-Plants-don-t-need-water-or-weeding-in-games/m-p... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 38 (6,832 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It's quite similiar to mine, it also says that this plant does not require weeding. But the plants condition usually gets worse to a point where i have to remove the dead plant 

Sorry for the late responses. I've been quite busy 

Message 5 of 38 (6,822 Views)

Hero
@cursedcatt0s Do you get the same on a new save as well (for testing purposes) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 38 (6,800 Views)

The Sims 4: Cannot Tend My Garden

★ Novice

I built a farm on the lot that used to be where the Heckings (Brent, Brant, and Rosie) lived and have a family of three living there. I can plant items no problem, and I can water them when they're first planted. I can fertilize just fine, and I can research them and talk to them. However, I cannot weed or water them, and they are dying. They don't grow any weeds, but I can see they need water and their progress meter is depleting. It doesn't matter if they're planted directly in the ground, in a planter box, or sheltered inside. The interactions are shaded out, and hovering over them says they don't need to be watered and have no weeds. They aren't getting watered by the rain, either. Also, it only seems to be this lot. I have played on other lots since this happened and have had no such issue.

Message 7 of 38 (6,792 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi @crinrict 

I've got the same problem, and it seems to happen in all worlds, in the player lot, with new and old saves. Wild plants seem fine, at least they make harvestables. I'm not sure if this is also the case for @cursedcatt0s but my plants are also not making fruit. They grow up to the stage when they should make some, but they don't. Eventually, after not being able to water them for a while, they will die, but the animation doesn't turn into a dead plant - there will just be stink lines coming off the plant to denote it being dead. This happens to all plants, those planted in the ground as well as those planted inside in planter pots. 

I'm not sure whether the bug appeared after the Paranormal expansion, but that's when I noticed it. I have also taken out mods, cleaned the cache and reinstalled the game to boot, but none of that helped. 

I'm also located in Finland, but my game language is English (in case it matters) - I'm making the leap that OP is located here, with their game language being Finnish and all (sorry for assuming if not).

I have all expansion packs, except for Journey to Batuu, but as I was debugging myself I tried it with just base game installed, and the bug happened then as well. 

Message 8 of 38 (6,764 Views)

Re: The Sims 4: Cannot Tend My Garden

Hero
@piratespiritzero I merged your post with another report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 38 (6,749 Views)

Re: Can't water plants (plants dying because of it)

Hero
@cursedcatt0s @piratespiritzero

Do you guys ever leave the lot and come back ?

There's a report now for this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Plants-not-harvestable-without-leaving-lot/m-p/10057256 but this person says for them they start needing water when you leave the lot

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 38 (6,660 Views)